**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

grogie

Like to Camp
driveway posing.

Cool setup Biff! Questions, what are the wheel and tire specs (33s?)? I'm also running same size tires on my TJ and trailer (32x11.5x15). I also have my Tepui (Ayer) bolted to the trailers opening lid (lid has lifts).

biff

Observer
Cool setup Biff! Questions, what are the wheel and tire specs (33s?)? I'm also running same size tires on my TJ and trailer (32x11.5x15). I also have my Tepui (Ayer) bolted to the trailers opening lid (lid has lifts).

15" x 10" wheels with 35" Goodyear MTR's.
What size struts do you have?
I am becoming quite the hoarder of gas springs trying to find the perfect strength.

grogie

Like to Camp
15" x 10" wheels with 35" Goodyear MTR's.
What size struts do you have?
I am becoming quite the hoarder of gas springs trying to find the perfect strength.

My TJ has about a 3-1/2" lift using OME HD springs and a front 3/4" spacer. As far as shocks, I have Bilstein 5100s (I don't recall the exact length on them) with Metalcloak aluminum control arms (w/duroflex joints), JKS track bars, BDS steering stabilizer and Currie AntiRock. The ride is excellent, and so much better then stock. Very stable at highway speeds with the trailer in tow. I may go up to 33" tires when I need new ones? Like you, the idea is to run the trailer with the same size tires so one spare works for all. My trailer can also run 33s. Long term, I can see going to 35s on the TJ. All I'd need to do is replace the flares I have with flat flares, oh and replace the stock steering too!

But honestly, my next expense is to re-gear and axle work (either front and rear TrueTracs, or possibly an ARB in front or rear?). Nothing is easy or inexpensive... lol.

M8PA6R.jpg

w3kf.jpg

Again, I love your setup. If something happened to my TJ I'd move to a JKU no doubt. The entire reason I added a trailer to my setup was how minimalistic camping was as so little fits in the back of a TJ. And not to mention how awesome sleeping in a RTT is over a ground tent! :)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've had good luck with two 5olb struts from "Future sales RV" they're low price and a LOTTA choices--very quick on delivery-

They also have a big choice in 10mm ball brackets, so you'll find just what you're looking for-

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Patiently awaiting delivery of the olive green ruggedized Kukenam XL I ordered last night to replace the camo Kukenam I bought 3 years ago.

seanpistol

Explorer
I've slept in my Kukenam two days in a row in Moab, and one cold night in the local mountains. After both outings I've had to remove the mattress at home and let everything air out.

Any long term reviews on the anti-condensation mat? Does it work well enough to completely eliminate condensation, or in all honesty is it just a slight improvement?

Other than that, I'm super happy with it. A RTT is the way to go.

justrom

Adventurer
Any long term reviews on the anti-condensation mat? Does it work well enough to completely eliminate condensation, or in all honesty is it just a slight improvement?

You still get condensation on the metal tent floor even with the anti-condensation mat . The mat keeps the mattress out of contact with the moisture so it doesn't soak up the moisture. We still pull everything out and leave tent set up for a day after we get back from a trip to fully air out and dry out the inside of the tent before folding it back up for storage.

Box Rocket

Yes the key with the AC mat is to keep the moisture from soaking into the mattress. The mattress foam takes longer to dry out and it the most likely source of mildew. Tents will still develop condensation but a quality mat like the one Tepui offers will reduce the amount of moisture buildup and also keep it from getting to the mattress.

Box Rocket

Thanks for the info. Do you have any to fit my Kukenam in Utah? Site says they're out.
I don't have any locally but there should be some available this week as part of the shipment that has been delivered over the past few days. Let me know if you want one and I can get one ordered for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven