THE BUNDU GEAR BUILD - LEXUS GX470

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Starting to look rather nice for a car. :D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Hey, hey, hey. Watchit! It does have a fully boxed frame, just like the FJC, Tacoma, etc! It may have a panzy-*** leather and wood-trim steering wheel, as well as a DVD system, but this is no car:sombrero: It does crack me up seeing all the stock ones now, and also the expression on their owners faces.

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Looking nice, bundu! Seeing this install is now has me debating between the ARB and the IronMan bumpers. Guess the only thing I need to determine is if the ARB bumper as the same clearance problem with the hood requiring it to be pushed out ~3" as well.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Essentially,it is the same body from the a-pillar back. Infact even the front fenders are stamped Toyota, and they come from the same factory. The Prado hood, lights and flares are different, which is why we need to trim, but most of the Prado stuff is pretty easily adaptable. There is a difference in bodywork on the trim dependant on Prado trim level. I believe anything that fits the Prado VX will fit with a little coaxing.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Hey, hey, hey. Watchit! It does have a fully boxed frame, just like the FJC, Tacoma, etc! It may have a panzy-*** leather and wood-trim steering wheel, as well as a DVD system, but this is no car:sombrero: It does crack me up seeing all the stock ones now, and also the expression on their owners faces.

Yes.... I bet you get quite the looks from the stockers:p

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
It's been a very busy few months, so no time to do a legit build update. But, a lot has happened to the truck, so I'll show you her current state, and fill in the gaps later.
Here is what she currently looks like.
poser shot.jpg
And this is the storage system in the back. More details here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...undu-Gear-GX-storage-solution?highlight=bundu

mounted in vehicle.jpg

I'll elaborate shortly, so keep bugging me and i'll get a fire up my behind.
In short, she now has:
Falken Rocky Mountain tires in a 285/65 17
Level 8 ZX wheels with additional scratch guards
Custom Rear bumper insert and tire carrier from Sierra Expeditions
CB radio installed in dash
Major LED lighting from Baja Designs, including 40" LED lightbar up top, 2 Squadron LED driving lights on the bumper, and 2 SII work lamps off the back.
I have also upgraded the air suspension in the rear to coils.
But instead of just sitting looking pretty, she is indeed being used as intended.
Broken Arrow 1.jpgBroken Arrow 2.jpg
Details and full build pics to follow.
Rou

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
anyone found a ladder and spare mount to work with the rear door?

In a nutshell; rear door simply will not work. When you take the paneling off you will see just how little bracing there is inside there. It would require such extensive bracing and very little way to do it since it is a single steel sheet, so any welding would just burn through your paint. I think you'd be better off with a complete door replacement from Oz or South Africa. Or South/Central America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman