The cosmetic cleanup of OverlandXJ

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Installed the new axle this weekend. I left the axleshafts and driveshaft off so i can adjust castor and alignment, then check for vibes once the other parts are installed.

Did a number on my knee a few weeks ago and i had a rough time getting this in... took all day yesterday. But it was worth it, she already handles and rides better, old axle housing way certainly tweaked.

Found i need to do something about my JKS quick disconnects, the pivoting bushings are locked up. Road salt usage here makes things others use non practical. Looking at RE's newest disco's, i'm wondering if the baby Heim joints could survive winters here.

Tires next..

axleinstall001.jpg

axleinstall005.jpg

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader

toyrunner95

Explorer
so why are you selling it after all that work man, it looks soo good. im not a fan of olive drab, a bit cliche' for me. but its good nonetheless.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Quick pic.. i'll post some more tomorrow after work if the weather holds out.

Tires and Bilstein 5150's are installed.

33x10sinstalled001.jpg

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Scott, i'm sorry bud. I totally forgot about you needing the pic. I'll take a few and PM them to you this weekend.

:oops:

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
OXJ,the rig is looking awsome. Got a question....have you experienced any death wobble with those tires. I'm chasing DW on mine and just can't get rid of it. And I'm only running 31's. have done everything I can think of or have read. Changed the ball, new track bar, rotated balance tires, different tire pressure...the only other thing I can think of would be the shocks. They are the cheapo rough country ones....maybe better shocks would cure it....:(

Big Daddy Chia

Adventurer
Maximus Ram said:
OXJ,the rig is looking awsome. Got a question....have you experienced any death wobble with those tires. I'm chasing DW on mine and just can't get rid of it. And I'm only running 31's. have done everything I can think of or have read. Changed the ball, new track bar, rotated balance tires, different tire pressure...the only other thing I can think of would be the shocks. They are the cheapo rough country ones....maybe better shocks would cure it....:(

New tie rods, check the pit man arm.

Big Daddy Chia

Adventurer
Maximus Ram said:
both of those are new.....

what about steering stabilizer. I have replaced everything on my xj but the ball joints on the steering knuckles, have a 3.5 inch lift and 31s and have no death wobble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3