The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Ōkina aoi ban;2036850 said:
After almost 2 years of convincing my wife that we needed a big van, we finally bought one on Valentine's Day (because I'm romantic like that). With a roadtrip rapidly approaching, I bought a pair of Sienna recliners and a set of Ujoint mounts.

Anyone have pics, videos, links showing how the Ujoint mounts have been reinforced under the floor? I have a 2013 E350 EB with 5.4, and am trying to figure out how this has been done without dropping the gas tank or exhaust. I sure would appreciate any guidance.

This is how I had my seats in the van.

seat bolts.JPG

If it works for your layout, you can get one of the seat bolts to line up with one of the factory bolt holes then drill the rest. I'd try to make your layout work with the bolts going through the under-body cross member though. It's the only beefy part of the van floor. I haven't had to drop the tank for any seat installs. I've only had to loosen the heat shields and move them out of the way (on a diesel...I didn't have to undo anything underneath on my 5.4L van)

Just ran outside to put eyes on the situation, and my confidence has been recharged! Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

I would like to put the seats in the front-most position (with room to recline) to allow easy access for the grandparents, and leave room for 3 kids to spread out accross the back. Perhaps leave the 2 rear bench seats in for the road trip (space permitting). Cargo space isn't of great concern for this trip; we'll be roaming from hotel to hotel, heading southeast and back.

BDK9

2015 Sienna seats

So, I am looking at the Sienna seat idea for my E350 and found these. They don't look like they have the footrest. Was that a separate seat option? They also don't appear to have the built in seat belt on the passenger side seat. What's up? Wrong seats? Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 64

mgmetalworks

Explorer
^^^ not the right seats. There are three options for second row seating in the Sienna; recliner seats, non-reclining captains chairs and those pictured above. Only the recliners have the integrated seat belts. The mounts that I designed were intended for the recliners. They will also fit on the captains chairs. The 60/40 bench pictured has a different mounting base so it won't work with the available mounts

Jasper Jones

Observer
Thanks again for all the great information in this thread.

I'm currently gathering everything I need to install a set in my van. Going with the mounts from Ujoint, mounted to L-track with the double stud fittings.

Does anyone have a source for Sienna seats near Michigan? I'm going to call a couple places I know, too.

Also, for anyone with a VanRug that used L-track, what profile did you use? Did you cut straps out of the rug to put the track directly on the floor metal, or sandwich the rug in between the track and the floor?

Thanks!

Elevate

Last I talked to Roger, he had a couple sets of seats. He is in Battleground MI. I didn't end up purchasing from him as shipping to Oregon was expensive and I ended up finding seats closer to me.

I got ahold of him on EBay , so no personal connection or experience, but he was helpful.

His email: hotroger at email.com

Jasper Jones

Observer
Awesome! I will send him an email right away. Just want to double check, his address is literally at email.com? I've never seen that domain before.

Elevate

That is the email that I replied to???

His ebay name: dnthte

He told me that he doesn't always list the Sienna Seats on ebay as shipping can be a problem, so send him a message to check.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks again for all the great information in this thread.

I'm currently gathering everything I need to install a set in my van. Going with the mounts from Ujoint, mounted to L-track with the double stud fittings.

Does anyone have a source for Sienna seats near Michigan? I'm going to call a couple places I know, too.

Also, for anyone with a VanRug that used L-track, what profile did you use? Did you cut straps out of the rug to put the track directly on the floor metal, or sandwich the rug in between the track and the floor?

Thanks!

Darn Elevate, I have 2 pairs of cloth Sienna's for sale, in OR!
MG can advise on profile of L-track. We just sandwiched the BedRug between L-track and floor, putting the L-track in the "valley" of metal floor rib strips, NOT on top of ribs. I'm removing my BedRug now, going with VanTred vinyl flooring instead.

Jasper Jones

Observer
Also, for anyone with a VanRug that used L-track, what profile did you use? Did you cut strips out of the rug to put the track directly on the floor metal, or sandwich the rug in between the track and the floor?

Thanks!

Alright, I've decided to go with the flanged L-track for recessed mounting. I'm planning to cut strips out of my VanRug to mount the track directly to the metal floor, and then use the edges of the track to conceal and secure the cut edges of the VanRug.

I'm thinking this will give the cleanest, most stable install, and avoid drilling/cutting/punching 100+ holes in the VanRug. Hopefully I can cut the rug accurately and somewhat straight.

I'll be sure to post some pictures when I do it.

Thanks again for all the great help and information in this thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad