The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

DonBeasley

Adventurer
It is 12:48 AM Wednesday. Will work all day and then @ 6 PM will hook up the trailer, load the truck and drive all night to get there. Attended last year after flying in and staying at a friend's house in Green Valley. This year my son and I will camp in the general area if we can get a spot.

PHXtaco

Adventurer
Yesterday, Monday, I was just outside Tucumari, NM on I-40 climbing a slight incline when there was a severe shudder and the engine RPM began to race...
<snipped>
With luck I'll be on the road again Saturday for the remaining 350 miles to Flagstaff. Fair warning...

You could always get your rig towed to expo and have the trany shipped there. You could probably find plenty of volunteers to help put it in during the evenings… I am sure would could make some sort of drinking game out of it… just no guarantees on getting home…. or out of the parking lot…. :D

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
You could always get your rig towed to expo and have the trany shipped there. You could probably find plenty of volunteers to help put it in during the evenings&#8230; I am sure would could make some sort of drinking game out of it&#8230; just no guarantees on getting home&#8230;. or out of the parking lot&#8230;. :D

Gosh, that's a neat idea. Now we're talking; here's how you can help... what time will you pick me up to flat-tow the truck to Mormon Lake? I got some ratchet straps to lash the bumpers together, bubba, then it's a straight shot to Flagstaff and we hang a left.

Everyone think ExPositively! I will be there Saturday! Must attend the "End of the World Bacchanal and Virgin Sacrifice Party," although the last part might be tough...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Well, the Overland International Team (Expo/OJ) is almost ready to hit the road! We've loaded 3 trailers last night, a bunch of us will be driving today to start setting up the camp. This is almost like a mini-Burning Man...

:)

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Getting packed and ready to roll out of SLC right now. Planning on spending the night in Valley of the Gods. I am half expecting to see some other Expo bound folks laying ove there.

shogun

Adventurer
Well, the Overland International Team (Expo/OJ) is almost ready to hit the road! We've loaded 3 trailers last night, a bunch of us will be driving today to start setting up the camp. This is almost like a mini-Burning Man...

:)

So, would that be like, burning boy?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Installed new rear shocks on the 4Runner this morning, washed and fluffed the Glamper, topped off the charge on my questionable 7 year old Odyssey battery (that may get changed in Flag after OEXPO). Now to go shopping for supplies and then spend the rest of the day packing and hitching up the Karavan so I can roll outa here at the crack of dawn tomorrow. See everyone there. :wings:

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Equipt Expedition Outfitters Booth #20

I'm sure by now that most have heard about our party that we are throwing with Overland Gourmet and Maya Rally on Saturday night. If not it is in our booth which is #20 and starts at 7:00p.m. We will be serving Cuba Libres and fine Overland Gourmet Grilled Treats.

But....... Don't forget to come by and check out all of our new stuff as we have lots of new sweet overlanding gear.

Just a few of our new products:

Eezi-Awn Series 3 1600 T-Top XKLUSIV Roof Tent- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/T-Top XKLUSIV Tents/product-eezi-awn/357713-1600-t-top-xklusiv

Eezi-Awn Bat 270 Degree Awning- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/Awnings/product-eezi-awn/848176-eezi-awn-bat-270-degree-awning

Eezi-Awn Globe Drifter Trailer Tent- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/Globe Trotter/product-eezi-awn/532675-globe-drifter

Eezi-Awn Jimmy Tent- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/Awnings/product-eezi-awn/516027-jimmy-tent

Snow Peak the full line of products- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/snow-peak/

Indel B Travel Box fridge- http://equipt.webvanta.com/companies/Travel Box Fridges/product-indel-b/522519-travel-box-51

and much, much more! We look forward to seeing and talking to all of our friends old and new.....:costumed-smiley-007

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
Will camp fires be allowed in the expo camping area? I see that it says no open fires on the Camping Info page but then on the News page it says: "Fire restrictions are in effect now. Campfires, charcoal, coal and wood fires allowed in developed campgrounds only. Gas stoves are allowed." I'm guessing that is for the campgrounds surrounding the expo location, not the actual campgrounds that are within the expo, right?

Thanks, see ya Friday...

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Mormon Lake is a bust for mountain bike trails according to the local guys in Flag. You can do the AZ Trail, and it nice and mellow and cool to pedal, but that is about it. Stop in to Absolute Bikes and pick up the local maps for Flag and Sedona. Fat Man's Loop on the Peaks is a must according to them.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
maybe i missed it but what is the price of admission if you just want to mill around for the day.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Does anyone know if there will be internets anywhere at this event? Not that I want to sit in the Tiger and plug in all day, but I do have a metric ton of homework due this week and I am not 100% I'm going to get it all accomplished before leaving tomorrow......:snorkel:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Does anyone know if there will be internets anywhere at this event? Not that I want to sit in the Tiger and plug in all day, but I do have a metric ton of homework due this week and I am not 100% I'm going to get it all accomplished before leaving tomorrow......:snorkel:

yes there should be a few "hotspots"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven