The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Fireman sorry to hear.

On a different note, my payment for the weekend passes just got returned because it said "conseventures did not sign up for a paypal account or did not complete the process".

HELP!

I had a similar issue yesterday. I tried a bit later and it worked.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Not wanting to miss this great opportunity, the Maya Rally organization is proud to announce that we are now co-sponsoring (with Equipt and Overland Gourmet) the infamous "End of the World" party at Expo.

Please come over for this great event. We'll bring the 10% discount coupon for the Rally there, just ask us!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...rmet-quot-End-of-the-World-quot-Party-at-EXPO!

EndofWorld-Invite2012-2-web.jpg

evilspock

Fireman, So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
I will be headed up Friday from Phoenix and roughing it at a hotel in Flagg as I am recovering from a recent surgery, otherwise I would be camping for sure.
I just bought my day pass no problem with Paypal.
Looking forward to this event!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Yesterday, Monday, I was just outside Tucumari, NM on I-40 climbing a slight incline when there was a severe shudder and the engine RPM began to race. I slowed up but continued forward and crested the hill under the trucks power. Now in the middle of flippin' nowhere I didn't want to stop lest I not start again. The 3RZ carried on smartly as the transmission continued in 3rd gear at 3500 rpm at 60-65 mph; engine and AT temps were normal so I pressed on. Tried cancelling the OD button on the shifter and the engine raced to 5K rpm.

Called my personal virtual mechanic Vince (skrewball) back at IPOR while on the road (using hands-free bluetooth device); he thought torque converter and said just keep an eye on the temps and go for American Toyota in ABQ - which he sent me the numbers and address for. Anyway, limped the 160 miles there and their shop foreman Rich diagnosed the same thing - the clutch of the torque convertor is toast - so I'm looking at a new OEM AT from Toyota for $4500 or one with 110K miles on it guaranteed for a year for $915. I chose the later and hopefully it will be here by Friday. The shop will pull the old AT Thursday and as soon as the other gets in will strap it on. American Toyota has been very nice and accommodating to me through this whole event - I can't say enough good things about them, but they already have a sterling reputation in the LC and Toyota community at large.

With luck I'll be on the road again Saturday for the remaining 350 miles to Flagstaff. Fair warning...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Do I hear violins? I can't believe you didn't have a trail spare.
violin.gif

It's a good thing you'll have friends in camp saving you a spot in Conspiracy Central with an "End of the Tranny" party on Saturday night...

And besides, it could be worse - you could have broken down in west Texas... ;)

crismateski

American Adventurist
Yesterday, Monday, I was just outside Tucumari, NM on I-40 climbing a slight incline when there was a severe shudder and the engine RPM began to race. I slowed up but continued forward and crested the hill under the trucks power. Now in the middle of flippin' nowhere I didn't want to stop lest I not start again. The 3RZ carried on smartly as the transmission continued in 3rd gear at 3500 rpm at 60-65 mph; engine and AT temps were normal so I pressed on. Tried cancelling the OD button on the shifter and the engine raced to 5K rpm.

Called my personal virtual mechanic Vince (skrewball) back at IPOR while on the road (using hands-free bluetooth device); he thought torque converter and said just keep an eye on the temps and go for American Toyota in ABQ - which he sent me the numbers and address for. Anyway, limped the 160 miles there and their shop foreman Rich diagnosed the same thing - the clutch of the torque convertor is toast - so I'm looking at a new OEM AT from Toyota for $4500 or one with 110K miles on it guaranteed for a year for $915. I chose the later and hopefully it will be here by Friday. The shop will pull the old AT Thursday and as soon as the other gets in will strap it on. American Toyota has been very nice and accommodating to me through this whole event - I can't say enough good things about them, but they already have a sterling reputation in the LC and Toyota community at large.

With luck I'll be on the road again Saturday for the remaining 350 miles to Flagstaff. Fair warning...

drop by and introduce yourself and I will supply you with a cold one:friday: if it will help

herm

Adventurer
i am sure someone can find you a place to sleep/hang out.

I always carry an extra chair for anyone that stops by!

your truck will be there after expo, but expo will only last till sunday.

teleturns

Adventurer

If you are bored in Albuquerque you can swing by my house and shoot the $hit, I live right down the street from American Toyota.....I'll be frantically getting my rig ready for expo. If I had an extra seat I would drive you out there......I hope everything goes well with the new tranny

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Do I hear violins? I can't believe you didn't have a trail spare.

Show me yours...

If you are bored in Albuquerque you can swing by my house and shoot the $hit, I live right down the street from American Toyota.....I'll be frantically getting my rig ready for expo. If I had an extra seat I would drive you out there......I hope everything goes well with the new tranny

I'm bored. Shoot me a PM. I'll help you get ready.

I'm thinking positive thoughts only... I will be there Saturday. I didn't pack all that trash and drive halfway across the flippin' country for nothing. How's that for your indomitable ExPo spirit.

Gooseberry

Explorer
One more day and I'm ready to go. I have some surf boards to load and I'm on the road. Hope to see all you this weekend

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
As usual for me I am working tonight & tomorrow night...sleep till early afternoon on Thurs and then rush to do an oil change, pack my crap and be ready to roll up to Flagstaff on Fri am.
If all goes well Waymon -TexGX & I should be up there by noon to start the hanging out with everyone. Larry & ColoradoBill should have some space saved for us and Nick-Nobin will be bringing his family & Cummins powered burb up Sat am.
So between us there should be plenty of old iron around for this event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven