The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Bundu Gear will be there with bells on, with Howling Moon and Jurgens goodies. We'll have lots of our accessories to sell.
All our accessories will be 10% off, and all rooftop tents, awnings and ground tents will be at 2011 prices!! That means a RTT will on average be $200 off current prices!
And we will have a Jurgens XT140, XT75,camplite and Xplorer! And we'll also be debuting our Deluxe Stargazer tent!
Come and see us, have a chat, and taste our delicious homemade South African sausage (boerwors).
Rou

I am seriously looking at your Howling Moon seat org thing and some of the Wolf Ammo cans....I can't wait to get some goodies at the show!

STREGA

Explorer
Headed out the door, Expo by Thursday afternoon. Camping (glamping) with the FJ Cruiser guys, can't wait to meet up with everyone.

:safari-rig:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Leaving Tahoe in about 1hr...direction Prescott first, then Flagstaff on Thursday. It's a been while since I have done a roadtrip in the BMW!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
As I listen to the slurry bombers passing overhead every 15 minutes from the Prescott tanker base, I will post this here too - can't get enough exposure on the topic.

FIRE DANGER IS HIGH

The area around Mormon Lake is tinder dry, and we have five wildland fires burning right now in state. Last weekend we scouted the surrounding area for camp sites, and while it's green, it's also very, very dry due to a far below average winter snowpack.

PLEASE, PLEASE be careful if you have a fire at your camp.

If you have a fire, make sure it's dead out when you leave for ANY reason - cold to the touch.

We will not be burning wood, instead we'll use a propane fire pit.

See you all there on Saturday!

Mark

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
For the HAM operators, we have a couple great repeaters in the area. Wide area coverage is available on all of them.

W7ARA 147.140 PL 162.2 is on Mt Elden above Flagstaff and is linked into a system that covers most of AZ. (Phx via Mt Ord, Tuscon via Pinal Pk, Payson via Mt Ord, Prescott via Elden, Springerville/Eagar to eastern I-40 and western NM via Green Peak)

W7ARA 146.980 PL 162.2 is also on Mt Elden. It is NOT linked, so traffic is lighter.

KD7IC 145.270 PL 0 is on Mormon Mt, just above the site.

...and of course we'll be on 146.46 (FWD 2) Simplex

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
As I listen to the slurry bombers passing overhead every 15 minutes from the Prescott tanker base, I will post this here too - can't get enough exposure on the topic.

FIRE DANGER IS HIGH

The area around Mormon Lake is tinder dry, and we have five wildland fires burning right now in state. Last weekend we scouted the surrounding area for camp sites, and while it's green, it's also very, very dry due to a far below average winter snowpack.

If you have a fire, make sure it's dead out when you leave for ANY reason - cold to the touch.

Mark

Noted, let's be safe folks!!!

crismateski

American Adventurist

FIRE DANGER IS HIGH

Mark

It is always good to say it, but I would hope everyone here is already taking these precautions every time they go out

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Just had a death in the family. I have three day passes and reservations at Mormon Lake Lodge that will go unused. I'd rather be at Expo then a funeral. You guys have fun. :(...

Our Defender 110 has arrived from Puerto Rico! We're doing final prep at our "base camp" outside of Scottsdale, and will be heading north soon! See you all at the Expo!

- Nate and Ricardo

Caribbean Rovers Expeditions

Have fun, be safe...we still haven't finished the rum you guys brought to Leadville!

Keith

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Fireman sorry to hear.

On a different note, my payment for the weekend passes just got returned because it said "conseventures did not sign up for a paypal account or did not complete the process".

HELP!

Chainslap

I'll be out there Friday in my Tacoma with Four Wheel Camper attached. And might ride the KTM out via dirt on sunday...

Looking forward to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven