The original expedition vehicle...

LilKJ

Adventurer
Alright... back from Mexico... time to get the Willys rolling!!

Just ordered:
-plug wires
-oil pan gasket
-2 oil filters
-spark plugs
-ignition coil

I need to get this thing running in a somewhat reliable form for some trips to Moab in a couple weeks.

Next comes ordering 5 of these:
88545-md.jpg

And 5 of these in a 235/85R16:
28_1_.jpg

Once the weather becomes a little more reliable here I'll spray enough paint on it to make it mostly one color

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Hey I might be willing to meet you in Moab.

I love going down there. Would not mind seeing how your jeep wheels too.

Nice looking deal you have yourself there...

LilKJ

Adventurer
Haven't updated this in a bit....:ylsmoke:

Working diligently to get this thing ready for Moab in a couple weeks...

IMG_0320resize.jpg

IMG_0316resize.jpg

Body isn't pretty... but driving sounds like more fun than bodywork :smiley_drive:

LilKJ

Adventurer
Outside paint got finished today... didn't get the rear rack done though. Time to start work on the "interior" and see if i can get the mixture and timing sorted out... ;)

IMG_0323resize.jpg

IMG_0325resize.jpg

IMG_0327resize.jpg

LilKJ

Adventurer
Been spending all of my time trying to get the engine tuned..... blech... got tired of trying to make the engine run well and decided to tackle another project. I needed a way to mount my new seats... proved to be a rather involved thing the try and do well. After some time with the bender and welder I can up with something that I think will work until I can refinish the original seats...

Both seats mounted w/o the covers... plus my new center console...
IMG_0614resize.jpg

You can't see the center support in this pic.... but you can see the awesome rotten tool bin that will need to be replaced... and the awesomeness of the superstrut :rockon:
IMG_0618resize.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the finishing touches done on the seat mounts and try to get them painted. Then it's back to the engine.... yahoo

DrMoab

Explorer
Here are a few pics of my fathers old Jeeps.

This was in Canyonlands...before it was even a park.
oldjeeppics107-1.jpg

oldjeeppics116.jpg

On the way to Alice Lake in Wyoming...when you could still drive to Alice Lake.
alicelk-65-12.jpg

This is my grandfather (never got to meet him, died before I was born) and my uncle with my uncles Jeep. You can almost feel what my granddad was saying.
unk.jpg

Later in life my dad "upgraded" to this FC-170. He threw in a Dodge 318 with a 727 auto tranny.
pug5.jpg

I don't know where this was taken. My dad doesn't even remember but it's one of my favorite shots of him. Taken around 1958-59
dad2.jpg

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
^^^^ Thank you for sharing those awesome pictures, it's like a step back in time!

Looks like your have overland blood in you from your family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy