Tran-America Trail: July 2008

God that looks like fun! I look forward to your postings.

Last year I ran in to a couple of Kiwis in Myrtle Point, OR; they were just finishing up the whole route, and said they really had a wonderful time. After 3 weeks you guys may be in need of some good Mexican food: "downtown" Myrtle Point has (as of last year) a pretty impressive resturant--check them out.

Have a great and safe ride.

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

I have assembled a little video from Day 2 on the trail. Some pavement too, which is equally beautiful in Colorado.

I need to get this file converted to a web friendly format, but for now, those with .m4v capabilities (ipods, itunes, etc.) can play this version.

DAY TWO, TAT

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Good job on the video! Nice placement of the handlebar cam. Was that an original soundtrack by the DesertDude?

Scott Brady

Founder
Hancock and Tin Cup Passes are still closed, so we are taking the bypass over Marshal to Sergeants, CO and then over Cinnamon and Ophir!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

I have assembled a little video from Day 2 on the trail. Some pavement too, which is equally beautiful in Colorado.

I need to get this file converted to a web friendly format, but for now, those with .m4v capabilities (ipods, itunes, etc.) can play this version.

DAY TWO, TAT
Hey Scott,
Were you able to get my helmet cam mounted to your bike or your noggin? Ophir Pass would be a great one for some point of view video as you pop over the saddle.

Looking at the SPOT tracking, it looks like you guys are somewhere outside of Telluride... man, what an awesome trip. It's got to be just beautiful there... even if the weather is a bit less than perfect, it makes for a more adventurous ride!

JRhetts

Adventurer
Scott

We'd love to intercept you with some high quality refreshment in Southern Oregon. Ready?

John

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Just something to whet our appetites while we wait for pics from the ExPo crew...

Out of the dozens of TAT reports posted each year this recent thread from ADVRider is one of the best I've read. Notice the "trail" conditions shown in nearly all of the photos. Very cool route.

Scott Brady

Founder
JRhetts said:
Scott

We'd love to intercept you with some high quality refreshment in Southern Oregon. Ready?

John

Great idea John, lets do that! I will know our schedule a little better in a few days.

Scott Brady

Founder
We are in Telluride for a down-day with friends I traveled to Copper Canyon with. Cinnamon and Ophir pass was fantastic and Cinnamon had several technical switchbacks. Fortunately, no droppage.

Dennis (from Telluride) came along for that leg and we even took several miles of single track to their cabin. Stunning area.

I am currently in-love with the 950... but we have yet to hit any sand ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online