Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

Silly Wabbit

WOw I think this is the first double digit paged thread I ever read start to finish.

Been thinking about getting a Yeti or Yukon type cooler up until I found this thread. Those coolers are not cheap and now that I know of alternate fridge options a cooler doesn't make sense anymore.

Thanks everyone for the info!!

ebg18t

Adventurer
How are you guys securing these in your vehicles. I am thinking of using a tie down over the handles like you see on other fridges but not sure of how strong they are. Anyone else do this.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

FrontRunner makes a nice universal slide. Been using one for a while and works great.

gemy8a3y.jpg
ererudu8.jpg

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...l-fridge-slide-dual-locking.html#.U3kpE9q9KK0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sfsmedic

Adventurer
FrontRunner makes a nice universal slide. Been using one for a while and works great.

gemy8a3y.jpg
ererudu8.jpg

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...l-fridge-slide-dual-locking.html#.U3kpE9q9KK0

Not worried about the actual slide I am more worried about how to tie it down, like you did with the handles on yours. Just didn't want to be the tester of this routine on the indel. I am purchasing the ARB drawers with one side having the floor slide so it'll slide out with the fridge on it. Seems to be the common way of securing the fridges though.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

Sea.Jay

Observer
single guy in a van on the road for weeks on end at times....tf31 plenty you think? Has any body got the interior dimensions for the tf31 or the tf41.

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
single guy in a van on the road for weeks on end at times....tf31 plenty you think? Has any body got the interior dimensions for the tf31 or the tf41.

Got the tape measure out. I have the tf41. The main compartment measures 10 3/4"wide x 12 1/4"deep x 13 7/8" tall
The smaller secondary compartment measures 10 3/4" wide x 4 7/8" deep x 7 1/2" tall
The divider between the two is about 1/2" wide.

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I got the 51 model a couple of weeks ago. Used it this past weekend and it worked great! I was worried that my wife would not like it since it isnt exactly cheap and she is the bean counter. She commented a few times how much she loved it! I did install a dual battery and it never ran more than 12 hours before driving some more so I cannot comment on its battery drain. Its quiet and works great!

Well...not sure if everyone else is having good luck with theirs? Looks like mine has died. Few months shy of 2 years. Not sure what's going on with mine. Plug it in and it reads the temp for a few seconds then switches to E1. I assume to show some error. Anyone else have this happen? I'm hoping it's something easy to fix. :(

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
Thanks for the post. I had discovered the E1 this morning before leaving for work. I unplugged it thinking it was done with. When I got to work, I plugged it back in and it started working. I had it on max cool so I set it on the lower setting. It ran like normal and when I came out at break 2 hours later it was nice and cold inside! Yay! Now that work is over I check and it is back to E1. Your post made me think. My ham is attached to my second battery also. The second battery is not connected to charging circuit unless truck is running. When I first turn on ham radio it shows the voltage. I don't normally turn it on until I have the truck started. Today I turned it on first and it showed 9.7 Volts so that is probably why the fridge shuts off. Whew! That's a relief! But now I'm wondering why my battery isn't holding up. It's only about a year old and is a deep cycle battery. I need to investigate that. It has been HOT here this week in Tucson but the fridge has always done its job even in the Tucson heat. Perhaps the battery is dying.
Anyway, I wanted to post that so that anyone else searching for answers will see it and hopefully help them.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
49041353.jpg

The temperature controls have started being problematic.
It seems to run constant now, not knowing when it's reached the desired temperature, and as result anything that's inside freezes.
Argh.

2 years and it's got issues. Was really looking to get one but at $500 and two years isn't cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat