Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Nice slider setup! You could get the mounting kit from Ironman4x4 ( their fridges are the same ) I used a ARB mount kit, but it had to be modified to fit. ( too wide )

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys!

Sytfu510, thanks for the tip because I was thinking about ordering the ARB straps just because of their wider availability than the Ironman stuff. However, honestly I think I can accomplish the same thing with a $5 cam buckle strap that loops around the bottom. I have a couple so I'll give it a try.

BTW, I see a lot of the fridges with covers, what's the primary purpose of them? Do they keep the fridge cooler? or is it mainly to protect the fridge from scuffs and scratches? Is there a good source to buy those for these Waeco/IronMan/IndelB fridges?

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Thanks guys!

Sytfu510, thanks for the tip because I was thinking about ordering the ARB straps just because of their wider availability than the Ironman stuff. However, honestly I think I can accomplish the same thing with a $5 cam buckle strap that loops around the bottom. I have a couple so I'll give it a try.

BTW, I see a lot of the fridges with covers, what's the primary purpose of them? Do they keep the fridge cooler? or is it mainly to protect the fridge from scuffs and scratches? Is there a good source to buy those for these Waeco/IronMan/IndelB fridges?

They help insulate it and they add pockets for storage. Also they do offer some protection. I got mine from Sierra Expeditions. They carry all the accessories for the fridge.

Here you can see all the different accessories available from Ironman4x4.
http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/fridge.html

Here you can see mine with my homebuilt slide, using ARB tie downs & Iron Man 4x4 Cover:
528829_10151665874624517_2145065746_n.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
Interesting. I've had no problems with my Edgestar, but I've been thinking about a larger unit. Lots of good info here.

macro1

Since they are backordered until the end of June I found the Ironman 4x4 version SHIPPED for Exactly $100 more. ($674 vs $574 for the "truck fridge".

I know they are the same refrigerators but the ironman appears to have a longer warranty (3 years on the fridge, 5 years on the motor). Personally I could have gone without the lame Iornman logo, but its a great deal none the less.

I bought it from trdparts4u.com and used the coupon code ironman10 to get an extra 10% off plus they have free shipping. This was by far the best deal for the ironman I could find. When I do get it I will certainly post pics and a review, but for the most part its the same fridge with a couple cosmetic exceptions like the handles are chrome and the digital control panel appears to have a different shroud.

LandRoverHyter

Adventurer
Anyone getting a E 1 error code?
I think it's a low voltage issue. I've got it pulled into the 12 volt plug in the center console of my 2012 Jk. Thinking I may need to run a plug and wire directly from the battery?

crismateski

American Adventurist
Anyone getting a E 1 error code?
I think it's a low voltage issue. I've got it pulled into the 12 volt plug in the center console of my 2012 Jk. Thinking I may need to run a plug and wire directly from the battery?

is it doing it while the vehicle is running or only when it is shut off

crismateski

American Adventurist
Only when the truck is shut off. Looks like its time to upgrade the battery

Before you buy a battery try running a heavier gauge wire. you will have voltage loss in the wire, and the more copper you throw at it the less voltage will drop over the distance. a 12v battery is considered charged at 12.6v, when you start having voltage loss from there you can quickly get to the shut off point on a fridge. When the vehicle is running you are probably closer to 13.4 volts (or more) coming off of the alternator which gives you the room for the voltage loss at the end of the line to not be an issue. if it is voltage loss due to undersized wire, a larger battery will not solve the problem.

hopefully this made sense, I am doing this quickly at work, and still half asleep from the holiday weekend

Xterabl

Adventurer
One thing about these fridges...the start-up amp draw is pretty high.
When using my 43qt at home (i.e. 115VAC) as a bbq-time beer fridge, there's a certain outlet that I can't plug it into because it trips the breaker when the compressor kicks in.
But, that same breaker does NOT trip when my smoker kicks on with its 1200 W heating element.
So, simple math say turn-on current draw is at least 10 A when compressor first kicks on.
If your 12V wiring is adequate, this could easily cause some problems.
Most folks talk about using 10 ga (that's what I have); but 12 ga will probably work too, I guess.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Got mine from the Westy guy listed here earlier. Man...what a nice fridge. It is currently testing DC power via my power pack. So far working like a champ.

Quick Q - anyone trying the ECO mode vs MAX mode? Will it really conserve power in ECO? The manual mentions to run it in this mode with low ambient...

C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC