Truck Fridge sale. Prices only visible in checkout.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Follow-up. After testing the fridge for 2 days running on a 12v 101 amp/hr deep cycle power pack - I have more than 80% of my batter left with a nice and chilly fridge set at 36 deg. Very impressed and cannot wait to get this out in the field.

C

kchristian

Adventurer
OP here. It's been a year so I thought I'd check in and update my impressions.

The GOOD
-Truck Fridge customer support is excellent. Great guys to work with.
-Our TF51 has been with us through 9 countries and about 17k miles and never missed a beat.

The Bad
-I wish you could plug both 12v and 120v like advertised. It would be very convenient.
-I did not need such a big fridge. A 31q would have been just fine. Factor out the ice when planning your purchase.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Big score for all us truck fridge / Indel B fridges - here is the insulated and weather-proof transit bag for the Dometic/Waeco versions. I bought one. Fits great, is a lighter color than the Ironman4x4 version and costs way less. ($44.50 + shipping)

No affiliation ...great deal.

http://www.adventurerv.net/dometic-cool-freeze-protective-cover-for-cf40-p-28832.html

C.

Here's a shot of it (note - sides are a light grey)

image_zps470d3f0e.jpg

Last edited:

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Just ordered my TF-41 Portable. I just recently upgraded my battery to a Diehard Platinum last December and just received my first 100 Watt solar panel from solarblvd.com. Very excited about seeing how this fridge performs on the new system.

No affiliation: Bump for the link provided a few pages back. Free shipping and the owner seems like a genuine sales rep. http://www.westyventures.com/parts.html.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer
I bought mine when this thread got started. (Thanks so much OP)

My wife was hesitant but now even she is so glad we bought this. I have used it countless times without the slightest hiccup. (Touching wood). It is a little big but I've been glad for that too. I have a second battery and I have never run it dead.

I'd recommend this to anyone!

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I bought mine when this thread got started. (Thanks so much OP)

My wife was hesitant but now even she is so glad we bought this. I have used it countless times without the slightest hiccup. (Touching wood). It is a little big but I've been glad for that too. I have a second battery and I have never run it dead.

I'd recommend this to anyone!

How do you have it mounted? I can't decided if I want to mount it on tracks or not.

sfsmedic

Adventurer
I just got back from a camping hunting trip and this was exactly the thread on my mind. I'm glad to see everyone is having good success as this will probably be my next move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Just some photos of the fridge. I didn't pack in a creative way, just tossed a bunch of stuff in there to see how the capacity was, then my wife started to get mad at me for taking everything out of the fridge so I stopped.
ahyse2uj.jpg
u9e2a8eb.jpg
me6e4eje.jpg
yze4ybu3.jpg
a8y6urud.jpg
rypusana.jpg
8yzy7ury.jpg

sfsmedic

Adventurer
Just some photos of the fridge. I didn't pack in a creative way, just tossed a bunch of stuff in there to see how the capacity was, then my wife started to get mad at me for taking everything out of the fridge so I stopped.
ahyse2uj.jpg
u9e2a8eb.jpg
me6e4eje.jpg
yze4ybu3.jpg
a8y6urud.jpg
rypusana.jpg
8yzy7ury.jpg

Is this the 51?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads