UJOR Build Thread

thescottgivens

Thanks! As usual, I don't want it to leave now!

There's no question that the 6" is our best overall performer but the 8's still drive well. Not over the top, the 37's look good under a van.

Van looks great!

Thanks all for the responses. Chris you would happen to have any pics of an 8" lift side by side with a 6" lift. No big deal if you don't have anything handy. The 6" lift does look pretty big.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love the Russia 2.0 but request more pics of the silver(white?) Sportsmobile please!

Sure, we're working on the pop top roof rack today, should have this stage of his mods done sometime next week.

Can't wait to see what's in store for the Nissan...the V8 is a great engine and with 4WD and the interior by Sportsmobile (only thing missing so far is hot water) it would be an awesome expedition rig...especially with a high-top!

You guys will have to stay on top of me on this project! We're so busy it will be hard to find time to develop a whole new product line.

Thanks all for the responses. Chris you would happen to have any pics of an 8" lift side by side with a 6" lift. No big deal if you don't have anything handy. The 6" lift does look pretty big.

I'll do some looking, may have a pic somewhere.

volcomsurfer

Adventurer
Made my first blog post.. It's about U-joint and my van.

http://paradise2pavement.com/2015/08/13/the-ujoint-experience/

uj1.png

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
6" on 35's vs 8" on 37's

11846793_1032044593481435_4478215530803566659_n.jp  g

V7 parts are still rolling in, look at this caliper! So big! Stock F series for comparison, I'm working on some new axle options, this will be one of them. Will do some testing soon to see how these 8 piston calipers and upgraded rotors compare to the F550 setup on the RSC upgrade.

11900008_1032089006810327_6754640363490252273_n.jp  g

Roof rack mock up on a SMB pop top, EB van. I'd like to to be a bit longer and we used some of the previous rack mounts for ours. Rack weighs 56 lbs.

11880534_1032569526762275_4797808746576362559_n.jp  g

RussiaVan 2.0 video!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very much looking forward to the SSBC 8pot vs RSC upgrade. The issue with using the SSBC as-is is that it still retains the ridiculously small 13" rotor I have now. That's why your RSC 14.5" brake upgrade is on my list instead. Also curious as to the quality of the SSBC.

Any way to modularize your roof rack to add more length for an EB van racks, or would that compromise the strength to have a "break" in the 2 side/longitudinal rails? Would be most useful to have the rack overlay the entire penthouse roof top. I love that T-track in there, so versatile!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
For sure, we'll be cutting longer side bars tomorrow. My employee was concerned with the rear overhang since we're using the existing mounts but worse case is that we add another mount. This rack won't be holding much weight so I think it will be fine.

And yes, an EB rack will be made too. Have one coming in a few weeks for a mock up.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Whoever owns it, you tell him go big or go home! These big buggers are beggin for at least a 6", and 37s look just about perfect. Pictures upon request. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach