Vintage Rover pics

bowzer

P1000124-1.jpg

1964 11A not all that long ago. Need to get her going for wife's 50th B-day.

blue bomber

Adventurer
Keep them coming !! Jeff, cool pic's. Too bad they are from troubled oppressive times. Can't all be sunshine and lollipops, I guess??

czenkov

Adventurer
Pic

IMG_2696_2.jpg

Not vintage but cool nonetheless. The Series is vintage. As is the circa 1948 hunters cabin.

Last edited:

Daktari

our CKD's rangies in 1985 (i was 5 then)

grandparents ('76 red) and my parents ('81 white/blue) ,mom was on diplomatic mission during that time here in Venezuela ,then we use the white one in France and it was sold in Germany in 1992 ,i'll try to look for pics during our time in europe ,my grandparents left Venezuela in 1995 ,they sold the red range still running that same year ,one owner from 76

35hpe6b.jpg

aka rover

Adventurer
Did you bring it out? would of been a fun reto project

We where going to but we got the owner all excited about rovers again and now he wants bring it back to life. He brought us out to buy it and after we told him how cool it was he decided to keep it.

All truth be told I ended up selling him one of my 88s and he is hooked all over again!!..

tacr2man

Adventurer
Heres a strange one its a dormobile

View attachment 95580

You might be right but it looks more like a conversion done for HM Customs , its the correct colour for that , they were mobile fuel testing labs , to detect use of ag diesel (dyed red) in road going trucks therefore evading fuel duty. When they were sold off were popular to convert into motorhomes . HTSH

blue bomber

Adventurer
Spring, summer and fall driving mode has arrived, at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334825214.906120.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334825214.906120.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven