What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Huffster

I just swapped out some alloy rims in favor of steel sawblades that I picked up on CL. I had them painted and mounted 31 X 10.5 tires.

Also ran power to the rear cargo area and added a fridge for camping.

Old rims and tires

image.jpgimage.jpg

New rims and tires

image.jpgimage.jpg

Fridge project

image.jpgimage.jpg

LukesPa

Observer
Differential skids and lighting upgrades

So in the last couple weeks I tried four DIY upgrades and was twice foiled by defective or incorrect parts from 4WheelParts. The Putco LED interior lighting kit worked until I tried to turn on one side of the front dome like a map light, that made all the lights start flashing. I returned the kit and bought a Warn front differential skid plate that didn't fit. It's not even close, so I think they sold me the wrong part number.....pretty frustrating. Ironically I seem to have better success at getting the right parts and quality parts online than in person at 4 Wheel Parts.

I did succeed with the Putco LED lamps for the factory fog lights, they went in easy and are much brighter than stock.

I also put on an AEV rear differential slider, purchased from Rock Tech a local small shop. This went on easy and it seems bombproof. Rock Tech Offroad has now sold me several items that were all great quality and fit correctly. They did my AEV DualSport 2.5" lift a a couple weeks back and it's great.

Singlespeed92

Observer
Drug our new TT (travel trailer-this one's not for overlanding :p ) to it's new regular storage lot (my Pop's lower yard ;) ) after installing it's new class 3 hitch. Burst the lower radiator hose (this was before the towing,not related,hahaha),so replaced both with new,flushed the system including thermostat. Nothing spectacular or really note-worhty :)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
QUOTE=mrcoyote;1612947]Tablet mount (to seat bolt):

Installed Teraflex Accessory Mount:

Then the rotopax locking mount and black accessories box:

(It will hit your tail light guard if you have them!)

Firestick CB antenna mount:

With 4' firestick...

I think I need a highlift on the back with the rotopax mounted up higher though... and a gas can... and a water can... visa must love me.[/QUOTE]

-Check out the rebel off road spare tire rotopax mount.
20140315_160644.jpg[

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Got my Bluetooth GPS receiver and tablet working together with all my apps. Also ordered my mounts and accessories for the tablet setup as well as a place to mount my digital camera for taking trail videos. I also installed some netting inside to hold some items from flapping around inside. Plan on running my power to the rear of the Jeep this week to power my cooler for the food and drinks. Can't wait to get it all up and running inside the jeep to provide some extra utility. the Kodak zx1 HD video camera will be perfect for my intended use. I will just keep changing memory cards while traveling and use my alpha 350 and sony P&S for photo duties.

bldeagle10

Explorer
Pulled off the steering box. Degreased the living hell out of it. Tomorrow pulling it apart, cleaning a bit more, painting case, then resealing.

Checked steering system, ball joints are good, tie rods, drag link etc are good, could use a steering stabilizer and bushing kit. Will beef up steering system before any long trips.

Singlespeed92

Observer
After making a few tweaks to the cooling system (free or nearly so) today,towed the TT for about 30 miles down a 2 lane back road,and interstate travel back just to test things. It did fine :)

gorillamel

Dirty Blonde
I got some Yakima a1 towers so i can have a rack for my kayak. Cost me $37 for four if them at a secondhand backcountry store in town. The owner recommended i try metal rods/tubes for the bars. I went to Home Depot and got 60" bars. Then i mounted it all up and here is my ghetto fabulous set up:

agevagan.jpg

uzetuzum.jpg

Then i put my kayak (waaaaaay) up there. And found out the bars were too flexible. Sad.

Went back to the store today and got the Yakima 78" bars.

Final set up:
jebypuqa.jpg

yqeqadag.jpg

Canada Day Long weekend road trip:

Drove East from Alberta into Saskatchewan...

Did my first "significant" water crossing...

Water started out only about 5" deep... near the end, I was over the top of my 35" tires.

Popped open the airbox after and found a small bit of water in the bottom... filter was dry.
I did learn that I really don't like water crossings like these... too many 'unknowns'.
Water was too high to have windows open and I was too busy having a mini panic attack to take any pictures as it
got deeper.

See... sea weed...

Made a new friend...

Went on a bug hunt on the way home....

rubicon91

Explorer
I just placed my order finally on the 3rd group buy for a Trasheroo :) Happy 4th of July to everyone. Hope you guys all have a great weekend!!

Modeler

W1DCS
Finally finished repainting the last bits of my bumper/tire carrier. If the weather holds I'll get it reinstalled over the long weekend.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Canada Day Long weekend road trip:

Did my first "significant" water crossing...

Water started out only about 5" deep... near the end, I was over the top of my 35" tires.

I thought it could be fun to follow you on one of those trips... Nope...not any more !!! But you are hitting some cool spots...

Tomorrow: trip to Sylvan Lake, pics to follow.:wings::wings::wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal