Wolf's Ongoing Discovery Build Thread

S

Street Wolf

Some up to date pictures of the truck as it sits now.

018-5.jpg

017-3.jpg

023-4.jpg

015-3.jpg

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
You know spend all of that money on random stuff and I don't see sliders or diff guards on there... Oh and while you are out buying another spare wheel/tire why don't you get some steel wheel lugnuts...

S

Street Wolf

You know spend all of that money on random stuff and I don't see sliders or diff guards on there... Oh and while you are out buying another spare wheel/tire why don't you get some steel wheel lugnuts...

Nope, lugnuts are staying. Spare tire is getting some of the same.

jrose609

Explorer
so did you do any moderate wheeling with your RTT attached? Curious how your rig handled with the extra weight up top.

S

Street Wolf

so did you do any moderate wheeling with your RTT attached? Curious how your rig handled with the extra weight up top.

Eh, we didn't do anything too extreme. Mostly light trail riding and looking around, a couple of moderate trails that we could actually fit down. Fitting down a lot of trails were quite an issue there, RTT or not. Altogether though the RTT didn't seem to have much affect with the few sharp inclines/declines we encountered and was no issue either when I went out of my way just to try and make the truck tipsy.

Yet I dont see any pics of his rocker panels damaged in any way... nor pics of extreme trail taming.

stolenheron

Explorer
Yet I dont see any pics of his rocker panels damaged in any way... nor pics of extreme trail taming.

lol so now sliders and diff guards are only for "extreme trail"? both are very useful on the mildest of trails, one rock whether visible, hidden in mud, or underwater could ruin your day. why not spent the money (which isn't much) for a set of sliders and diff guards. I got my sliders and both diff guards for under $500.

it'd be hard to even use that hi-lift jack he has mounted on the roof without sliders (Even if they weren't used for trail damage protection).

JEFFSGTP

Observer
lol so now sliders and diff guards are only for "extreme trail"? both are very useful on the mildest of trails, one rock whether visible, hidden in mud, or underwater could ruin your day. why not spent the money (which isn't much) for a set of sliders and diff guards. I got my sliders and both diff guards for under $500.

it'd be hard to even use that hi-lift jack he has mounted on the roof without sliders (Even if they weren't used for trail damage protection).

Jeez dude, chill...read his sig..he has diff guard listed, and as far as a spare tire...umm why would anyone NOT carry a spare tire if they plan to do any off-roading? o_O Why does every Fing land rover person get hung up on thos dang lug nuts...They work just fine, no damage to rim, stud,hub etc. AND NO LOOSENING over time...I mean @#$)% they have been on there for a year plus now and we have had the rims off a couple of times for brake service etc...THEY WORK STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online