2006 4runner Sport w/ pic's of my 1st mod's

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Great looking truck, nice tires; why did you choose the 265 vs 285 ?

P265/70R17 113S 200-400 13.6 31.57 10.79 7.0-(8.0)-9.0 2535@35 658
LT285/70R17 E 126R 200-830 16.5 32.76 11.50 7.5-(8.5)-9.0 3750@80 634

:sombrero:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Yeah I do the 3.34% odometer change. I chose the 265 because I didn't think I need anything bigger. That size was recommended on this site too

smbisig

Adventurer
Ryanmb21 said:
As for my next mods..........I want some sliders. Does ARB offer those bolt on versions from that 4runner you tested? I haven't really spent the time researching those but I figure they are a must.

ARB does not currently offer sliders for the 03+ 4 Runners or the FJ Cruiser (same platform).

Tim at http://wildwestmfg.com/ built both the sliders and adapted the ARB roof rack to the ARB 4 Runner. Rumor has it, he will be designing and fabricating several expedition type products for both the FJ Cruisers and the newest generation of 4 Runners.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
smbisig said:
ARB does not currently offer sliders for the 03+ 4 Runners or the FJ Cruiser (same platform).

Tim at http://wildwestmfg.com/ built both the sliders and adapted the ARB roof rack to the ARB 4 Runner. Rumor has it, he will be designing and fabricating several expedition type products for both the FJ Cruisers and the newest generation of 4 Runners.
Thanks for the tip!

Scott Brady

Founder
Ryanmb21 said:
I do have some questions that maybe some could help with....

-I changed my oil @ 1,500 miles w/ regular, is now to soon to go with Synthetic?

-To get rid of the squeak in my rear suspension, what kind of grease should I use?

I would highly recommend going synthetic, and then change the oil every 7,000 miles. Use high quality filters and oil like Mobil 1

For the suspension bushing grease, I really like Super-Lube. It is the best product I have found for the poly bushings.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
I would highly recommend going synthetic, and then change the oil every 7,000 miles. Use high quality filters and oil like Mobil 1

I use and swear by AMSOIL. 1 Year + synthetic, just make sure to get it tested!

mochoajr

Mileage & Sliders

Ryanmb21 said:
Thanks for the tips guys!

I used the mileage off my GPS on a recent roadtrip and got 19 mpg, highway. That's with the same set up as you; suspension and tires. Also, I just got the Shrockworks sliders installed last weekend, great workmanship. I had them do the install, since I'm in Dallas, I drove down to Houston.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
mochoajr said:
I used the mileage off my GPS on a recent roadtrip and got 19 mpg, highway. That's with the same set up as you; suspension and tires. Also, I just got the Shrockworks sliders installed last weekend, great workmanship. I had them do the install, since I'm in Dallas, I drove down to Houston.

Any pictures of your vehicle?

I am looking at the 4runner v8 at this time and will make a desition soon, I just worrie about ground clearance?:peepwall:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
eurorom said:
Well I bought the 03' 4Runner V8 Sport with the Xreas, now I need tires.

Alright......you won't be dissapointed! I like my Nitto's, although I'll have a better opinion after a few thousand more miles

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Ryanmb21 said:
Alright......you won't be dissapointed! I like my Nitto's, although I'll have a better opinion after a few thousand more miles

Are your tires LT or P, I was looking into there web site and it shows this

P265/70R17 113S 200-400 13.6 31.57 10.79 7.0-(8.0)-9.0 2535@35 658

I thought it was better to have LT's?:(

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I have the P........a good friend of mine had the "P"s before me, he said he'd taken them through hell and back and never had a problem, so I took the leap of faith.

Either on this forum, or the toyota120.com forum there was a long discussion about if P's can hold up. In the few times I've tested mine, they've performed awesomely.

For piece of mind, I bought the tire replacement warranty from discount tire. You can destroy the tire by any means possible, you just bring it to any store and they replace it no questions asked.:luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven