99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

tip

Adventurer
Wow, nice build thread man.

I want one of those GoPro cameras even more now! Did you use some mount or something with those dashboard shots? How hard is it to edit the videos?

MCObray

Explorer
Wow, nice build thread man.

I want one of those GoPro cameras even more now! Did you use some mount or something with those dashboard shots? How hard is it to edit the videos?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Yeah the GoPro is pretty sweet. Yeah I used an adhesive mount that came with the camera. I honestly have no clue on editing videos and what not. I have yet to want to spend several hundred dollars of video-editing software.

ChiliPepperXJ

I just want to know how you can keep all of your builds updated constantly! I follow your build thread on Jf, CherokeeForum, and now here! hah

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hey MCObray... was just over on JF myself a few minutes ago, was checking out your thread here last night. Nice Heep, love those Ravines. Keep up the good work!

MCObray

Explorer
I just want to know how you can keep all of your builds updated constantly! I follow your build thread on Jf, CherokeeForum, and now here! hah

Lol you know, i'm not quite sure. I just make sure to update them as much as I can in order to keep people who want to see in the loop. I guess not everybody uses this site, or JF, or CF so I do my best in trying to spread the love.

Hey MCObray... was just over on JF myself a few minutes ago, was checking out your thread here last night. Nice Heep, love those Ravines. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it. In a sense I feel like we drive very similar vehicles in similar driving conditions, and in similar fashion. I tend to be on the road more than trails, but i'm trying to change that!

ChiliPepperXJ

Lol you know, i'm not quite sure. I just make sure to update them as much as I can in order to keep people who want to see in the loop. I guess not everybody uses this site, or JF, or CF so I do my best in trying to spread the love.

I understand. I ran across this website from the thread started on JF. This looks to be a pretty good place to hang out! Also, the rails look awesome! How did the install go?

MCObray

Explorer
I understand. I ran across this website from the thread started on JF. This looks to be a pretty good place to hang out! Also, the rails look awesome! How did the install go?

Yeah I really enjoy Expedition Portland the most by far! Thanks for the compliment on the rails. Install went good. We had to scrape off some of the factory undercoating in order to get it to line up snug. Besides that it was a lot of driller and marking. Overall a pretty good easy, meticulous install.

MCObray

Explorer
I went up in the Cascade Mountains with the Salem Jeepers. I had a lot of fun and it was nice to get out in the West Cascades. Our initial destination was to reach a Log Cabin at Olallie Lake, we made it to Olallie Lake, but not to the Log Cabin itself. The snow was starting to get very soft and mashed up and quite frankly, my 30s couldn't handle it. We had a great time though!
GOPR2015.jpg
GOPR2047.jpg
GOPR2058.jpg
GOPR2065.jpg
DSC03327.jpg
DSC03329.jpg
DSC03332.jpg
DSC03331.jpg
DSC03335.jpg
Skip to 8:45 for the action from yesterday. This video is from Nikson.

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
Additional Picture (Courtesy of Nikson):
076CR2-1.jpg

075CR2.jpg

009.jpg

042.jpg

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
That was good a vid and looks like fun! Also a nice gang of good looking Jeeps! Glad to see a WJ in there

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
Its a huge secrete but ZJ's and WJ's wheel great! Having a longer wheelbase can really help. When I had my ZJ there were a lot of hills that TJ's couldn't make up due to the short wheelbase. Even my XJ struggled over some Articulation Hills and my buddy with his 2008 Grand Cherokee walked over them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk