Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I was looking forward to meeting you RedDog! I was there myself from about 6:00 - 7:30 but had to leave to meet up for a previously scheduled family dinner. I think the group stayed there for a few hours afterwards still. They were just getting their food when I left. Enjoyable time with some good discussions about the 4WD's we have all loved and lost...

I was actually in Red Deer twice yesterday too... I had a quick meal at Glens in Gasoline Alley on the way home last night. Didn't sit too well :(

freetomeander

Viking - That Top Ten list made me laugh right out loud!! thanks. I posted somewhere else that should be a regular feature in that new Overland Journal. I'd subscribe just to read those. Love a good chuckle. I subscribe to Readers Digest just for the jokes. but then my literary standards aren't so high either. HA!

flywgn

Explorer
We're just back from a short trip to mainland Mexico and I'm getting caught up on the Arctic Ocean Boys.

Great reading! I love all the gadgetry you guys have with you. Do we care about things like GVWR? :elkgrin: :elkgrin: (I know I don't.)

:eek:fftopic: ...just slightly. VINCE, that list is a kick. I had D in tears listening to it. Can't stop laughing.

Allen R

seth_js

Explorer
eezi_awn_snow.jpg

Scofco

Observer
No update today?
I went down to see if you guys had arrived yet. I would imagine you to arrive tonight or tomorrow morning.

Those tents look awfully cold :D

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I couldn't see the photo either, thanks Seth for posting it.

And Scofco gets on the Portal....nice! I always enjoy your photos on Yotatech. Welcome - :beer:

paulj

Expedition Leader
Willman said:
Is it my computer...or am i just not seeing the pictures of the tents of yesterdays blod update?

They made a mistake in creating the link on the blog - or in naming the file. The blog uses '...JPG', the file name has '...jpg'.

paulj

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Sure you guys don't want to come back to Calgary? The forecast is for PLUS 19 C on Saturday!! That's about 66 F!!! I'm going fishing!

It looks like they are in for some really nice weather for the rest of the week. Watson Lake is showing highs above zero C all week, Dawson is almost hitting zero. The clear weather will be great for their daytime travels, but clear skys mean cold nights!

Keep warm guys and safe travels! Can't wait to see the surface rust accumulate under that Tacoma! :xxrotflma

Scofco

Observer
The last week the north has been getting hit with a nice warm (-5'ish) streak.
I think they picked a perfect time to come.

The snow is just starting to melt on the roads the last couple of days.

Scofco

Observer
Where did you end up staying?
There is wireless access at Toad River, keep that in mind on the return trip :)

Scott Brady

Founder
We are at the Edgewater Hotel. We will be picking up some last minute supplies (leaving the hotel around 8:30) in the morning and a trip to the Kanoe People for the PLB.

Maybe we will see you in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat