Best truck for the Apocalypse?

briz65

Adventurer
Hilldweller you slay me!!! That reminds me of my favorite movie "Patriot"
As for the topic, 3 of us and our families have a spot or two to bug out to. I think the vehicle will be used for transport to said locations, then it's time to dig it and survive. One piece that needs to be finished up is the cache propositioned along the way out.
Briz

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The most delicious member of the family too...

Ruh-Roh!!!

saupload_scooby_doo_2.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Great Danes aren't good apocalypse dogs. They eat too much, are short-lived, and have high maintenance medical issues.
Eat the dog, Dale; it's for the best. The kids will understand; they'll love you more for it in the long run.

You need a scrappy little mutt for sounding the alarm and catching rodents for stew. A rat terrier mix.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
we got the killer cocker orphan for that. Guess we'll bring 'fresh meat' to the Country Fried W/E, Dane on a stick- new southern delicasy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Guess we'll bring 'fresh meat' to the Country Fried W/E,
Are you finally coming?
I know that January is pretty far away right now, but dare I hope?

Dog friendly event; no dog will be mistreated or eaten at this event (unless the apocalypse breaks loose)

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Are you finally coming?
I know that January is pretty far away right now, but dare I hope?

Dog friendly event; no dog will be mistreated or eaten at this event (unless the apocalypse breaks loose)

That is the plan and on the calendar- now, if the stars all align, no sick kids, and no apocolyptic events ensue, then sure, we might possibly attend :drool:

tperkins

Observer
i_like_where_thread_going3.jpg

Yeah, trucks here, not eating dogs :ylsmoke:

I'd say a Unimog or a military 6x6 with a custom pass-thru cab and a radio box on the back. Both, preferably, with large extended range fuel tanks. I dont know how picky a Unimog is with it's diesel, but a Military 6x6 with the multifuel engine will run pretty much anything flammable, as it has auto-adjusting fuel injectors.

Or a Hummer, with a trailer; while many dislike Hummers for some reasons, their imperviousness to damage and attack outweigh their downsides. Any truck listed here really, without armoring, might withstand maybe a few shots to the engine bay or the tires, and is down for the count. Humvee's, and other Mil trucks, have armored engine bays as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77