Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Overland Hadley said:
'Tis the season, for new snow chains.

2002455492657336467_rs.jpg

2002479787454564840_rs.jpg

2002416036828826466_rs.jpg

They are Konig snow chains, made in Italy and sold here in the US by Thule as the XB-16. I bought them from amazon.com (link Here) I have not had the chance to use them yet, but I am hoping that in the next week I can test them out.

I think I will buy these from Amazon right now. Thanks for the link.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Streakerfreak said:
I think I will buy these from Amazon right now. Thanks for the link.

I bought two sets of these yesterday from Amazon. On the website it said they were $179 but when added to your cart, the price was actualy $139. Ho, Ho, Ho. :)

PS. Just checked again...looks like they now have the Website updated with the $139 price.

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Streakerfreak said:
Is it just the bucket and the Wag Bag thing or did you do anything else with the bucket. Maybe I missed it in your thread?

Nope, that's pretty much it. Sorry to disappoint.

I just needed a hard sided "toilet" system for camping on BLM land. This takes care of it. Low tech, but it should work.

Moving on.....

Overland Hadley said:
Nope, that's pretty much it. Sorry to disappoint.

I just needed a hard sided "toilet" system for camping on BLM land. This takes care of it. Low tech, but it should work.

Moving on.....

Lol, just wanted to make sure. Enjoy your bucket.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Chains and toilet

Overland Hadley said:

Out of curriosity, did you buy two sets (i.e. 4 chains, one for each wheel?).
Also, what size tires are you currently running?

Good job on the toilet, simple yet functional.

Cheers,
P

Overland Hadley

on a journey
p1michaud said:
Out of curriosity, did you buy two sets (i.e. 4 chains, one for each wheel?).
Also, what size tires are you currently running?

Good job on the toilet, simple yet functional.

Cheers,
P

I bought one set, (2 chains) just for the back wheels. From what I understand, and from what it says in the owners manual, it does not work to use chains on the front wheels of a 07 Tacoma. There is less than an inch of clearance along the back wall of the tire. But if you can run chains on the front of your truck, then I would. I wish I could on mine.

I am running 265/70 at the moment, but will be changing to 265/75 next summer. Luckily the chains will work for both sizes. (Snow chain size of 265)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Well, they are not Alcans or Deavers, but the new four leaf pack from the Toyota TSB really helped. The ride is much smoother and they handle weight alot better than the old three leaf pack. Phase 3 of the build will see a 8 or 10 (12?) leaf pack, but that is at least two years away.

Before

2002189613008165511_rs.jpg

After, with Toyota 4 leaf pack.

2002150867653526294_rs.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy