Diving in Head First!

yabanja

Explorer
I'm sure the guys in the shop are as excited to work on the effort as you are.
It is true!! When I put out the call for help people flocked to the cause!!!

I must admit, the long hours are starting to wear me down.... Looking forward to sitting in the desert!

Now, off to work!!! Tonight, I drive it home!

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
Front and rear mounts.
a38b10f53e551aac3fca9c7302bbbd56.jpg
38f4c408376ba35659803d520969f22e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
So the subframe support members aren't flexy either? Or is that just a temp clamping arrangement?

Looks like it's coming together fast, definitely exciting!

yabanja

Explorer
The camper is mounted. Roof hydraulics are not hooked up so the top is sitting about six inches up from it's lowered position. Still much to do prior to departure but the major milestones are behind me.
73c2466987fd2e77b25ca0fc8f7e9396.jpg

yabanja

Explorer
I'm not sure there is enough clearance? could you mount the camper a bit higher to ensure it doesn't drag on the ground? ;)

Hmmm...... I certainly Hope so!!! The plan is to build significant amounts of storage underneath. It certainly looks ungainly at the moment, but this was the order I had to build it in!

Allan

dlh62c

Explorer
Most Fuso camper builds look ungainly, It's the nature of the beast. The stepped frame rails don't help matters much.

I take it the plan is to attach the storage boxes to the camper support structure and not the trucks frame rails?

yabanja

Explorer
Most Fuso camper builds look ungainly, It's the nature of the beast. The stepped frame rails don't help matters much.

I take it the plan is to attach the storage boxes to the camper support structure and not the trucks frame rails?

Correct, I will attach the storage boxes to the subframe.

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
Secure storage for hydraulic pump for roof, batteries, chains, sand ladders, etc....
2ba96107b445f3715d76bce0059edbdc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333