Diving in Head First!

yabanja

Explorer
By cutting the rear of the subframe off at 45 degree angles I was able to move the spare tire forward 4 inches from the picture above!! These little details are hard to sort out in the planning stage. You haven't lived until you have cut two 3" x 10" 1/4 inch thick box frame rails at a 45 degree angle with a sawzall. Wrapping up for the day. Back at it tomorrow!

Allan

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I did not mention it previously, but that second step out of the camper is a bit of a doozie. :Wow1:
I guess that it's not that important, as it's not on your list. :)

Last edited:

yabanja

Explorer
I did not mention it previously, but that second step out of the camper is a bit of a doozie. :Wow1:
I guess that it's not that important, as it's not on your list. :)

It really is a problem! But one that I don't have time to tackle at the moment. Will be bringing a ladder on this trip.:REAdvRockClimber:

yabanja

Explorer
Inching closer to departure. Rear bumper done. Frame ubolts tightened and double nutted. Extra wires removed from dash. Looks like Tuesday departure likely at this point. Overland Expo or bust!
e4162795354804e0870b86f43b8f82a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yabanja

Explorer
Mounted the propane tank, rear marker lights, spare tire, re sealed roof seams, and a million other things today. Tomorrow mud flaps propane line routing, air compressor, pack and go....
67d9e8ca32c5373e32a577528e342e23.jpg
49b0dfaa83977de6a4f4f5d7788e9bab.jpg

yabanja

Explorer
Change of scenery!! (Finally!) the truck is done! (Enough for now). Will be packing in the morning and hitting the road!!! Whoo hoo!
606c02a813582478082b3a251ac5ec0a.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Enjoy the trip!
I am sure that there will be many people at OvEx that will be very interested in looking over your truck.
On the plus side for you... I am guessing that there will not be that many people getting an inside tour, unless they bring their own ladder. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues