Exped Storage Boxes

njtaco

Explorer
I was at Lowes last night and saw the yellow/black cheap boxes. They seem to be the best budget option I've seen. I was able to stand on the lid (180lbs) and bounce lightly and it held. Any of the cheap split/folding lid containers I've ever seen can't take much more than 50lbs.

Likewise, I was at Home Depot this weekend, they had them for just under $12 each. I think I'll wait for the inevitable "storage container sale" and pick some up then. Hopefully they have one before Christmas (the usual time).

dyogim

Explorer
Here's a pic of the label. Prices have gone up. I bought these for $9 a piece a couple of months ago.

Attachments

• storage container from HD.jpg
    storage container from HD.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,164

Cabrito

I come in Peace
P7211066.JPG

Just picked up a pair at the HD in Daly City - $12 each but with black lids. These things are huge, and pretty stout to!

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I use a product called "Really Useful Box" that I get at Office Depot. They are heavy plastic, very sturdy (the bottom is a molded honeycomb design for strength), positive closure, stackable, and available in many sizes. I use a half height file box size for can goods in the camper (one can tall). They are now making a series of boxes made from recycled plastic for us recycle nuts. Check out www.reallyusefulbox.com

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I use a product called "Really Useful Box" that I get at Office Depot. They are heavy plastic, very sturdy (the bottom is a molded honeycomb design for strength), positive closure, stackable, and available in many sizes. I use a half height file box size for can goods in the camper (one can tall). They are now making a series of boxes made from recycled plastic for us recycle nuts. Check out www.reallyusefulbox.com

those look nice. Light and easy to identify whats inside. What do they
cost?

I'd think its pretty useful to quickly be able to see, say, how much
food is left in a pantry box, without having to open
up said box.

-B

Ron B

Explorer

I also use some of these boxes -- the lids snap shut and actually stay closed...rare in the world of inexpensive storage boxes.

rb

bugnout

Adventurer
Just went by Office Depot to look at them, they seem very sturdy and the lid is designed to stay on.

How have they held up over time? has the plastic become cloudy due to friction with the contents?

Ron B

Explorer
Just went by Office Depot to look at them, they seem very sturdy and the lid is designed to stay on.

How have they held up over time? has the plastic become cloudy due to friction with the contents?

I haven't had them long enough to see how they'll hold up to scratches -- I was just happy to find one with a decent lid and in a dozen sizes.

rb

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I have a couple of the "really usefull boxes" They are great. There are a ton of different sizes all the way down to little parts bins. I've used them for one camping season and they seem to be holding up fine. It's a very smooth plastic and doesn't scratch very easy, and they are fairly cheap. They stack nice and take strapping down pretty good but if you are over zelous with the ratchet strap they will deform. The label that comes with them shows a SUV parked on 4 of them...I'm sold on em so far.

Darton

Adventurer
Ohh man my wife and I bouf=ght staples out of Really Usefull Boxes. a couple years ago. No one around here carries them anymore. Where can I get them. THEY ARE AWESOME!!!

Darton

Adventurer
Here a a few for size information. We keep all kinds of stuff in them. We have a few bigger sizes that are out in the garage. This is just what was at hand.

100_4664.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Here are the containers I got from work. They measure around "14Wx"20Lx"16H. I can't complain for $5 each. They leave enough working room above them to slide them in and out of the bed under the tonneau too. They have a very solid constructio. I think I only saw 1 or 2 broke at work and they didn't get treated the greatest either.
SDC12150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy