Exped Storage Boxes

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Heres a shot of a trailer load of the 18 military Hardiggs I scored last month from a Govt Liquidation auction. Ended up costing around $26ea. These were new and unused. These are UV resistant,water and air tight. They have interlocking ribs and stack tightly and stay there. I use them both inside and on top of the truck. To me they are pretty much the ultimate expo case. The primary difference to me between Pelicans and Hardiggs is that Hardigg uses metal cam latches as opposed to plastic. Superior product that can be had cheap if you don't mind watching the GL auctions. These come in dozens of sizes.

Attachments

• trailer load of hardiggs.jpg
    trailer load of hardiggs.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 520

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Heres a shot of a trailer load of the 18 military Hardiggs I scored last month from a Govt Liquidation auction. Ended up costing around $26ea. These were new and unused. These are UV resistant,water and air tight. They have interlocking ribs and stack tightly and stay there. I use them both inside and on top of the truck. To me they are pretty much the ultimate expo case. The primary difference to me between Pelicans and Hardiggs is that Hardigg uses metal cam latches as opposed to plastic. Superior product that can be had cheap if you don't mind watching the GL auctions. These come in dozens of sizes.

That looks like a good score.

99wj

Adventurer

hmmm would you be interested in selling any of those :)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I looked at some GL auctions and you are right! There are some great deal on them. ou just have to buy a palet of them sometimes.

HopLite

Seriously...If you wish to sell them via your business to portal members...you could easily sell however many you do not want.

I have been searching for something like this (waterproof, dustproof, durable, less than 15" tall with decent volume capacity) in the below $80 price range and have been striking out everywhere I turn. The few vendors I have found that have such items are sold out and awaiting their next win on the gov. liquidator auctions.

JohnnyS

Explorer
I would take a few of those Hardigg cases off your hands too....please?
I've been looking for something low profile, waterproof, & sturdy to use on my roof rack and you have a trailer full of them!

Maryland 110

Adventurer
LOL. Thanks for the nice comments. I bought three pallets full of these, 31 cases in total. I already had two the exact same size so knew these were perfect for my uses. I sold them all to my Defender driving friends in the DC and Viriginai area and delivered them on the way home. I only kept 6 for myself so I'm not so rich....
I'll keep a look out in Uncle Sams trash can and if I can get more I will post them up for sale here on the portal- you should have seen the military blood bank/ expedition freezer fridges I just scored which I did post up here. See the thread on the gear for sale column. I have a Hadigg gun case and it truly is the ultimate way to travel with firearms. I saw a baggage handler throw it once in the Houston airport with three high end shotguns inside (Texas dove hunt) and it didn't bother me a bit.
The guy who helped me load up @ the GL yard said they sometimes have semi loads of these come in and since there are so many they just throw them in a 30yrd dumpster and throw them away. I showed him the sticker that the DRMO puts on items being sold @ surpluss auctions. Each one of these cases cost $886. He said yeah but his employment agreement specifically addresses "dumpster diving".

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
The guy who helped me load up @ the GL yard said they sometimes have semi loads of these come in and since there are so many they just throw them in a 30yrd dumpster and throw them away. I showed him the sticker that the DRMO puts on items being sold @ surpluss auctions. Each one of these cases cost $886. He said yeah but his employment agreement specifically addresses "dumpster diving".

So many companies, including the government, are so wasteful when they dispose of perfectly good items. It's so sad.

RgrBox

Adventurer
My dad, works with the National Guard, and he's one fo the ones who has to get rid of the waste.. they put most on Auction.. he was able to buy some brand new Honda gens after Katrina.. still in the box, but pennys.

RB

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
I was at Costco over the weekend and happened upon these little Attached-Lid containers. Didn't look too terably sturdy, but for $6 they may work for someone.
0815091538a.jpg

0815091537a.jpg

0815091538b.jpg

go4aryd

Adventurer
I was at Costco over the weekend and happened upon these little Attached-Lid containers. Didn't look too terably sturdy, but for $6 they may work for someone.

I have been using these for a couple years now - this summer in my M100 trailer. They are not industrial quality, but are much better than average consumer quality. They do not last long in our local store and sell out quickly.

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
Well we just got done with a 1600 mile road trip and got a lot of use out of two Rubbermaid Max Latch XL 18gal boxes. We had been storing rockhounding gear in them for several years. I was getting ready for our trip and happened to glance at them while I was gathering everything up and needless to say, they have been rededicated to storing gear on camping trips. They fit perfectly in the back and when turned sideways, you could probably fit 4 in the back of a 4Runner.

Here is the one we packed our clothing in.
10427_1052910261377_1784404091_106663_5881184_n.jpg

Here we are at camp with the one dedicated to gear sitting on top. I have a sleeping platform in the back so when we are at camp, these boxes sit out side.

It even rained one evening, the clothing and gear stayed dry!
10427_1052909781365_1784404091_106652_3059046_n.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not believe they are made anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy