Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

blupaddler

Conspirator
Typically that design is seen on many desert race trucks.

Many of them won't even mount it until night time or dusk. You can then either fold it down, out of the way or disconnect.

Scott Brady

Founder
Stove is finished

:eatchicke

The only thing I love more than some adventure (and Stephanie of course) is good food. I also plan to do an adventure with the Infamous Nor Cal culinary club, so I must be prepared :chowtime:

So, in my pursuit of the ultimate Iron Chef solution:

Special thanks to Mario at Adventure Trailers for providing the stove. He has several other sizes and a portable unit available.

This stove really is the ultimate for my needs.

DSCF1666.JPG

Very nice burners with fine simmer to full tilt control
IMG_0686.JPG

110% Slides
IMG_0692.JPG

Everything tucks between the platform and StormCases like a glove
IMG_0696.JPG

The tent cover is on, which slightly hangs over the third burner. With the cover off and tent deployed all three burners can be cruising.
DSCF1671.JPG

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
Scott,

:clapsmile :clapsmile :clapsmile

VERY NICE!!! I knew you had mentioned something about having a cook station off the rear of the truck or the tire carrier.

I have been drooling over these stoves since you posted a pic a while back.

PCRover

Adventurer
I really like that stove and it's installation. Now I have to think of some ideas on how I can incorprate one into either my truck or trailer.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Scott,

Do you happen to know how many BTU's those burners are?

Looks very good.

I need one of those so I can wok up my famous Lemon Chicken:chowtime:

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
And if things get too hot in the "kitchen" with all three of those burners fired up -- you've got that little portable swamp cooler to cool things down!!
:cool:

Willman

I thought you AZ boyes didn't need a stove....I thought you guys used the hot rocks from the afternoon sun to cook your meals???? Whats going on???? :hehe:

turboale

Observer
Scott,
I was admiring your camping stove and it has inspired me to add a camping stove to my list of things to add to my Excursion RV project (I have a full writeup etc with all my ideas in the domestic section :elkgrin: ) and was wondering where you got your slides from? I am going to have a perfect spot to mount the stove at the rear of my rig and those slides would do just the trick. Anywho, you have one awesome rig and I can't wait to bounce ideas off you etc etc...

Thanks!

turboale

Observer
Awesome find,
Which slides are you looking at? I found the drawer slides page but they seem to be designed for sitting vertically and I need something that will sit horizontally. I guess they should work as long as I don't get the ones designed to have the "lift out" feature? Is this the page where you ordered your slides? Click Here

PCRover

Adventurer
There are several pages of slides, you need to page forward and back to see them all. I ordered some 15765A26 "base-mount heavy duty slides" from page 2864. The page change buttons are next to the page numbers on the top left of the catalog page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven