Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

turboale

Observer
Awesome, that is exactly what I'm looking for! Are you using them for a stove as well? How are you attaching the stove to the slides? I was thinking there should be a relatively easy way to remove the stove for cleaning purposes.

Scott Brady

Founder
turboale said:
Scott,
I was admiring your camping stove and it has inspired me to add a camping stove to my list of things to add to my Excursion RV project (I have a full writeup etc with all my ideas in the domestic section :elkgrin: ) and was wondering where you got your slides from? I am going to have a perfect spot to mount the stove at the rear of my rig and those slides would do just the trick. Anywho, you have one awesome rig and I can't wait to bounce ideas off you etc etc...

Thanks!

Mario from Adventure Trailers supplied the slides. Not sure if he is reselling them, but he will at least be able to point you in the right direction :)

Scott Brady

Founder
On the way home from CO, I did a few new shots of the truck :)

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Scott;
Great write up (as always). One minor issue I noticed was on the
"ARB bumpers in use on Expeditions West Adventures" section. The first photo is labelled as a "Sahara Bar" and I believe this may be an error. Also the 4th photo in the series "1992-1997 FJ80 and FZJ80 Land Cruiser" does not seem to open.
Cheers
Mark

Scott Brady

Founder
OutbacKamper said:
Scott;
Great write up (as always). One minor issue I noticed was on the
"ARB bumpers in use on Expeditions West Adventures" section. The first photo is labelled as a "Sahara Bar" and I believe this may be an error. Also the 4th photo in the series "1992-1997 FJ80 and FZJ80 Land Cruiser" does not seem to open.
Cheers
Mark

Thanks so much for the feedback Mark :beer:

I have corrected the issues.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
expeditionswest said:
Now that I have the set of American Racing Chamber wheels

I take it those are the 16x8 with 4.5" BS?

Will the tires rub on the upper ball joint due to the factory backspacing?

I was offered a great deal on the Chambers and the Mojave's but I'm concerned with tire clearance for 285/75r16's...

Scott Brady

Founder
Yes, 16x8 with 4.5" BS. I am not expecting 285's to be an issue, as Chuck and a few others are running that size with the stock wheels. But, it is always a possibility.

Scott Brady

Founder
Rear suspension

The rear suspension is going to be reconfigured. Most importantly, my load is 400 lbs. higher than I originaly specified to Deaver, so the springs are going from 10 leaf to 11 leaf. I am also going to install a set of the Donahoe Racing remote res. shocks in the rear to provide better cooling and more controlled rebound.

I will also be installing a set of longer shackles from Wheeler Off-Road to improve the overall compression numbers and gain some additional lift.

The front coil-overs will be cranked to adjust the front .5" higher as well.

Overall, the EW Taco will sit 1.5" higher in the rear and .5" higher in the front for 1 1/4" front and 2" rear at 90% wet (full fuel, half water). It should sit level full wet.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
expeditionswest said:
I am also going to install a set of the Donahoe Racing remote res. shocks in the rear to provide better cooling and more controlled rebound.

I thought you were going with SAW in the rear, what made you change your mind? Are you going to use the factory valving from donahoe or request specific valving?

I was considering having DO reconfigure my shock locations to squeeze more travel out and of course the benefits of ext. res. shocks but with an aux gas tank there isn't much room to work with back there. Wondering if you're having similar issues...

Scott Brady

Founder
Mlachica said:
I thought you were going with SAW in the rear, what made you change your mind? Are you going to use the factory valving from donahoe or request specific valving?

I was considering having DO reconfigure my shock locations to squeeze more travel out and of course the benefits of ext. res. shocks but with an aux gas tank there isn't much room to work with back there. Wondering if you're having similar issues...

I must be getting old; forget a mention of SAW. Donahoe Racing remotes are valved stiffer on compression and rebound than the 5100's and with the extra fluid volume should have minimal fade IMO.

I am pretty happy with the travel in the rear so far. I try not to have more than a 30% difference in travel from front to rear on my vehicles. I prefer a more balanced configuration for better traction and stability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven