Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Scott Brady

Founder
Ha! Not my picture, just an example of the toolbox :p

I am not quite sure what would happen to my phyce if I owned a mini-van, but it would probably be really bad.

Willman

expeditionswest said:
Ha! Not my picture, just an example of the toolbox :p

I am not quite sure what would happen to my phyce if I owned a mini-van, but it would probably be really bad.

I bet that mini van would be killer!!! Your kids would be spoiled!!!:D

Scott Brady

Founder
11 leaf pack is here:

My 11 leaf packs just arrived from Deaver. Just need the new shocks and the truck goes under the knife.
:luxhello:

erin

Explorer
:)
Very cool Scott, did you send in the old ones to revamp or just go with new packs? I ask because I have been considering bumping up to 8 or 9 leaf from my 7 leaf. I love the ride, but I have some axle wrap since the regear and sag pretty quickly with a load now.

OldSven

Explorer
So how long until the new ones are on the truck? Have you heard any news on the new ARB Dakar springs compared to the Deaver's?

Scott Brady

Founder
The new Donahoe shocks are on the way, and I will be upgrading to the new high corrosion resistant plating coil-overs in the near future too.

So, I am hoping to install everything in early September, unless I get a wild hair and do it sooner ;)

The Dakar springs are very nice and have a very good finish. I have used OME springs on several of my vehicles with great success. Unfortunately, I have not tested OME's on the Tacoma, so I cannot compare.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Donahoe shocks

expeditionswest said:
The new Donahoe shocks are on the way, and I will be upgrading to the new high corrosion resistant plating coil-overs in the near future too.

Are the new high corrosion resistant plating shocks available to the general public yet? :yikes:

Too bad, I would have loved to install these when I upgraded the front suspension on the truck not that long ago. Corrosion resistance was ended up being the deciding factor especially in my climate so I went with OME instead.

Cheers :beer:,
P

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
p1michaud said:
Are the new high corrosion resistant plating shocks available to the general public yet? :yikes:
P

According to what I heard... YES!!!!! The wait is finally over!!!!!!!

I have already sent an e-mail over to Demello for my package price (I'm getting some other goodies too) :D

Scott Brady

Founder
The suspension goodies are here :jumping:

Donahoe Remote Res. Shock:
IMG_2226.JPG

Deaver 11 leaf pack springs:
IMG_2243.JPG

I have a few fun trips and other stuff planned over the next few weeks, but I hope to give the mods a go in mid. Sept.

Tires are next on the priority list...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven