Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Scott Brady

Founder
Yeah, I know :)

I might upgrade to a full floater and definitely better brakes.

It still drives great though :beer:

I just got the steering rack bushings done at Iron Springs 4WD in Prescott. Really took the play out of the rack.

I will post some pics of the rear suspension soon.

Scott Brady

Founder
Rear springs, shocks and shackles

Here is the new springs in place with the remote res. shocks. A little dirty because of the Trophy pre-run

IMG_2767.JPG

Shackles (note: picture taken on a lift, on full extension)

IMG_2771.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
New Lights

Here are the new lights.

IPF HID Driving and spots, all in the heavy duty metal cases with real glass lenses.

IMG_2789.JPG

Edit: six lights in total. Two driving and four spots.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Looks great Scott! Umm I might have forgot, but where are all these lights going? I know you were thinking of a Baja style flip up, but what is you final destination for all the goodies?

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Wow, the added lift looks great. And you've got a nice rear end :drool:
It should help a lot with all that junk in your trunk.

How does your cv angle look? Any fins rubbing? Did you do anything to reduce cv stress?

blupaddler

Conspirator
:Wow1:

HA! That's nawthin! You're not even up to Landcruiser status yet. (side note, I really need to get mine weighed, maybe once I am finished with it)

:p

Oh yeah, the Taco looks...alright ; )

Scott Brady

Founder
flyingwil said:
Looks great Scott! Umm I might have forgot, but where are all these lights going? I know you were thinking of a Baja style flip up, but what is you final destination for all the goodies?

Here is the light plan.

Driving HID's on the bumper

(4) Spots on the roof (back), using a Baja style cage, hopefully with flip-up.

Scott Brady

Founder
Mlachica said:
How does your cv angle look? Any fins rubbing? Did you do anything to reduce cv stress?

Fins are rubbing. I do not plan on dropping the diff. because of stress on extension.

I am working with Michelin on the tires currently. Details in a few weeks.

asteffes

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Here is the light plan.

Driving HID's on the bumper

(4) Spots on the roof (back), using a Baja style cage, hopefully with flip-up.

Which Hella 4000s are they replacing? I have a pair of Eurobeams and might want two more 4000s in another pattern. :)

Willman

Nice lift!!!

Question about your Shackles....I think i remember reading they are 3/4??? Am i right?....

:elkgrin:

Redback

Adventurer
I just had a good look at the Tacoma, nice very nice, these would be very very very popular out here, the trouble with single and dualcabs out here is, there too bloody small aspecially in the back seats, unless you 3' 6" tall:Wow1:

Again very nice truck.

So much to read so little time:coffee:

Baz.

7wt

Expedition Leader
Redback said:
I just had a good look at the Tacoma, nice very nice, these would be very very very popular out here
Baz.
That's funny, most of us out here would kill for a Hilux with a diesel.

Willman

Redback said:
I just had a good look at the Tacoma, nice very nice, these would be very very very popular out here, the trouble with single and dualcabs out here is, there too bloody small aspecially in the back seats, unless you 3' 6" tall

Sitting in the back seat of my DC is not to bad! I'm 6' 1"....Now a extra cab would be a diffenert issue!

:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven