Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

shawkins

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
35 amps....

And I have a NEW compressor in the garage. A bigger ExtremeAire that kicks out twice the air volume and is only 1" longer :jumping:

I will report on the performance soon.
When is their new compressor going to be available?

Thanks

Scott Brady

Founder
Willman said:
How much of a $$$$ is it from your old one? Got any pictures?:box:
:peepwall:

I am not certain of the price increase. Maybe give George a call at extreme outback. I will try to get all of the specs, etc. after SEMA.

Scott Brady

Founder
New Tires!

295/75 R16 (34x11.50) BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO

Actual Height 33.2"
Actual Width on an 8" wheel 11.5
18/32" Tread Depth
Load D
Durometer (60-65)
Severe Snow Rated

These tires are perfect for the Arctic trip, being a low glass compound, soft, just as tall as the 255/85, yet only 1" wider. I think the width will work out great because of the road miles and glare ice driving we will be doing.

IMG_4127.JPG

I am also installing SpiderTrak 1.25" wheel spacers (wheel and hub centric) to allow fitment of the HD RUD Grip chains we will have installed. Without the spacers there is no tire to control arm clearance.

grip44.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Tires and chains.

expeditionswest said:

Actual Height 33.2"
18/32" Tread Depth
Load D
Durometer (60-65)
Severe Snow Rated

I am also installing SpiderTrak 1.25" wheel spacers (wheel and hub centric) to allow fitment of the HD RUD Grip chains we will have installed. Without the spacers there is no tire to control arm clearance.

Nice.
Scott what wheels will you be using for the tires? By having your wheels spaced out, will that cause any clearance issues in the wheel wells?
Cheers :beer:,
P

Westy

Adventurer
Thats a nice sized tire. Is that a new size BFG released recently?

I just installed a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers on a friends Jeep a couple weeks back. I was impressed by the quality of craftsmanship, much better than some of the other spacers I have seen.

Scott Brady

Founder
Westy said:
Thats a nice sized tire. Is that a new size BFG released recently?

Yes, a relatively new size. I am glad to have found a severe snow rated tire in that diameter.

Westy said:
I just installed a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers on a friends Jeep a couple weeks back. I was impressed by the quality of craftsmanship, much better than some of the other spacers I have seen.

They are the best quality I could find. It should work out well.

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
expeditionswest said:

Actual Height 33.2"
18/32" Tread Depth
Load D
Durometer (60-65)
Severe Snow Rated

These tires are perfect for the Arctic trip, being a low glass compound, soft, just as tall as the 255/85, yet only 1" wider. I think the width will work out great because of the road miles and glare ice driving we will be doing.

Is there a drastic difference in snow/ice-driving performance between the BFG A/T's and BFG M/T's? I still have my old set of A/T's from when I upgraded to M/T's, and I'm wondering if I should throw them back on the truck for daily wintertime driving in Flagstaff. This will be my first experience living somewhere where it snows!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
BFG has offered those for awhile but only in their KO, not their KM.

I think durnago_60 is running those on his 80 series. The KO in a 295/75/16 and the TrXus MT's in a 33/12.5/16 are my final two tire choices when my 285 KO's need replacing.

The KO is such a versatile tire that it should be perfect for the many road miles to AK and the snow that Scotty and Chris will encounter. I've been very happy with them in deep snow and deep snow while towing a snowmobile trailer.

Good call Boss! :cool:

Scott Brady

Founder
For me, the choice was easy because of all of the highway driving, wet roads and glare/river ice. The BFG AT will significantly outperform a mud tire in those situations and still remain plyable at -50 (brrrrr).

Scott Brady

Founder
SEMA Mods Begin

Well my friends, it is SEMA mod time, now that the Expedition Trophy is complete.

I am starting with lighting.

I received this light bar from Morphic Industries, which could easily be wall art. It really is awesome and light, well designed and very strong. Race truck parts make for good ExPo gear as they are overbuilt.

It is at the powdercoater right now.
IMG_4583.JPG

It can fold flat on the roof and is supported by a trick billet arm (non-actuated).

The IPF HID driving lamps get installed tomorrow on the ARB bumper.

Chains arrive tomorrow

Tires get installed on the wheels tomorrow

Trailer:

The roof tent came off and a Thule Side Arm bike rack is going on. I am doing some fun stuff with the Epic this year, including fenders and studded snow tires (cool bike bling).

The trailer also gets the Arctic graphics package.

More updates and pictures soon!

blupaddler

Conspirator
I will be interested to see the BFG's and how they come out.

I have been thinking about that size for a while now, as an alternative to the BIG 315/75 size.

Willman

:lurk:

expeditionswest said:
Well my friends, it is SEMA mod time, now that the Expedition Trophy is complete.

I am starting with lighting.

I received this light bar from Morphic Industries, which could easily be wall art. It really is awesome and light, well designed and very strong. Race truck parts make for good ExPo gear as they are overbuilt.

It is at the powdercoater right now.
IMG_4583.JPG

It can fold flat on the roof and is supported by a trick billet arm (non-actuated).

The IPF HID driving lamps get installed tomorrow on the ARB bumper.

Chains arrive tomorrow

Tires get installed on the wheels tomorrow

Trailer:

The roof tent came off and a Thule Side Arm bike rack is going on. I am doing some fun stuff with the Epic this year, including fenders and studded snow tires (cool bike bling).

The trailer also gets the Arctic graphics package.

More updates and pictures soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven