Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Redback

Adventurer
Willman said:
Sitting in the back seat of my DC is not to bad! I'm 6' 1"....Now a extra cab would be a diffenert issue!

:sombrero:

Yes the DC Tacoma would be fine, but the DC Hilux NO not good, we don't get the Tacoma in OZ, although the new FUGLY Hilux is a bit better for room in the back seats.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Willman said:
Sitting in the back seat of my DC is not to bad! I'm 6' 1"....Now a extra cab would be a diffenert issue!

:sombrero:

I'm 5'10" and spend 2.5 hours in the back on an extra cab taco over washboard roads and have no real interest in doing it again. Still, not many vehicles could easily transport the load we had of three dogs, four people, two bikes, one kayak and camping/backpacking gear for several days.

Scott Brady

Founder
shawkins said:
Scott - What gauge wire did you use to wire up your Extremeaire compressor?

Thanks

The compressor comes with 4 gauge wire, and a decent length of it. Since my compressor is right next to the aux. battery, I used 4 gauge for everthing (to the relay, breaker, etc.).

Scott Brady

Founder
Willman said:
Nice lift!!!

Question about your Shackles....I think i remember reading they are 3/4??? Am i right?....

Sorry I missed this Nic. Yes, those are Downey 3/4" shackles from Wheelers Offroad in Oregon.

Willman

expeditionswest said:
The compressor comes with 4 gauge wire, and a decent length of it. Since my compressor is right next to the aux. battery, I used 4 gauge for everthing (to the relay, breaker, etc.).

Good size wire!!!! How many amps does that pull on full load?...Your compressor is next on my want list!!!!!:drool:

Scott Brady

Founder
35 amps....

And I have a NEW compressor in the garage. A bigger ExtremeAire that kicks out twice the air volume and is only 1" longer :jumping:

I will report on the performance soon.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Scott-
Can you post up some current pictures of your Lo-Tek Gauge Pod? I know it has changed since the write up on your site.... Just looking for ideas...

Thanks!

Scott Brady

Founder
The only change was the addition of the two-way battery switch to toggle the voltage between the house and truck batteries.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
The only change was the addition of the two-way battery switch to toggle the voltage between the house and truck batteries.

Yup, that is what I was looking for! Can you post up a few current pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven