Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Yes, the truck looks wicked! :cool: And testing it is maybe the best part. I can't wait for the pre-run this weekend :jumping:

Scott Brady

Founder
We got back from the Expedition Trophy pre-run and the truck did great. The only time I didn't like the extra height was when I was going through the twisties on a curvy mountain road. A lot more body roll.

But on the trail and through the fast stuff, it did great, with much less bottoming and tire contact on the fenders. The flex was great too with the shackles, allowing the springs to move easily through their arc from bump-stops to full extension (shock limited).

The rear shocks are butter smooth too. I have heard people say they are too soft. You want the suspension soft and free to move. What is critical is sufficient compression valving to prevent hard bottoming and enough rebound control to keep the rear end planted through the corrugations and whoops. They are SPOT ON. With this current set-up, I could carry 5-10 mph faster speed through the whoops and washouts.

truck-side.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Glad to hear it was a success, that truck is an inspiration lol. Those new wheels are going to look awesome on there.

Willman

Looking great!

:drool:

Are you running with your sway-bar on or not?

I just took mine off! This has added more flex in the front with a little more body roll added....I really have give her hell to feel that extra body roll. The ride upfront is not that bad with 3" spacers!

:smiley_drive:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Scott, why are you going with Lifeline's over Odyssey's?

And as always the truck is looking great!

:costumed-smiley-007

Scott Brady

Founder
This pig weighs

I just weighed my truck: :smileeek:

Full water, and nearly full fuel (8 gallons down in the aux. tank), with the driver.

Gross: 5,909
Rear: 3,840
Front: 2,069

Weight dist. 35 front 65 rear

This is without some incidentals and camera/computer and passenger.

It is crazy to think, but just the rear weighs more than a stock Tacoma.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Oh my Scott. That's getting heavy! You are going to have to start watching those little weight restriction signs on bridges soon!

If you have a chance, can you snap some pics of your rear suspension? I would love to see and read more about the shackles...

Thanks,

Pete

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Wow!

expeditionswest said:
I just weighed my truck: :smileeek:

Full water, and nearly full fuel (8 gallons down in the aux. tank), with the driver.

Gross: 5,909
Rear: 3,840
Front: 2,069

Weight dist. 35 front 65 rear

This is without some incidentals and camera/computer and passenger.

It is crazy to think, but just the rear weighs more than a stock Tacoma.

Scott that is crazy! You are going to have a weight restriction sticker on the doors of the Tacoma! :eek:
I'm going to add the info in the "How heavy is your Tacoma" thread as well.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven