Florida Tacoma build

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Here is a side shot ofter being put back together and lowered to the ground for the first time in 2 days.

63759e52.jpg

Then the big guns came out for a little flexing of the new muscle.

c68aa145.jpg

P7080136.jpg

P7080141.jpg

Then we measured to make sure the OME N85 shocks were long enough and sure enough they were not. For those of you running them I would say your missing out on about 3" if travel easy! I did not mount them and will be getting longer shocks next week.

200f0a8e.jpg

Lastly was weather we got the tire centered. We were shooting for 2 1/4" between my 31" tire and the shet metal at full stuff. We sit at 2 3/16" so pretty good. Should be just enough so I do not have to trim when the 33 10.50's go on.

9b395088.jpg

Next week we will tackle the electrical stuff. Dual batteries, isolator, 1000w invertor, viar 460 comp with 2.5 tank, lowrance navigation, fuse block, hella lights, and few other goodies I'm sure I forgot LOL!

CLynn85

Explorer
Wow, you have been busy! Looks nice and flexy though. I still think that truck looks uber-cool with the steelies still. Ah, toyota envy....:jumping:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
CLynn85 said:
Wow, you have been busy! Looks nice and flexy though. I still think that truck looks uber-cool with the steelies still. Ah, toyota envy....:jumping:

Thanks it was a big job. Hopefuly next sunday I'll be posting pics of the all the electrical workcompleted.

I wish I could keep the factory wheels but unfortunetly I rud the upper a arm when I'm stuffed on 31"s so when the 33"s go on next week it will be a bigger issue. I am getting some ARE 15x8 wheels. I will probably take them off this winter and get them repowder coated a similar silver to the stock steelies. I searched for a slim spacer that I could have just added longer studs but could not find a 1/2" or 3/4 set up so new wheels it is unfortunetly.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Oh I forgot I called up Demello's shop to day and ordered my new shocks. They are sending a pr of 5125 series Bilsteins with 255/70 valving. Probably a little stiffer then I really want but since it is a trail truck I guess I will give a little here in order to get max flex. These shocks have length measurements of 28" extended and "17 compressed.

Demello's employee was very thorough. He asked alot of detail questions about how we set things up and measured. After looking up the shocks he was concerned about the shocks having a 12" body so decided to call bilstein and talk with them to make sure that things would be ok since they had not personally treid this set up. Verdict from Bilstein was good so I should have the shocks beginning of next week. Awesome service from demeloo's shop. I had heard great things but honestly did not expect it to be that thorough. Truely impressed with them.

I also called to check on the status of my Lowrance Baja 480c and it will be hear on Wednesday WOOHOO!!!!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Great progress

Excellent progress. Cool pics and good fab work. Keep the pics coming!
Cheers :beer:,
P

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
This is a great thread - very fun stuff. Nice work on those rear springs, the flex looks fantastic.:beer: I hear ya on the stock wheels. I really like them too. Let us know what you think of those shocks.

We'll be watching for the updates on the Baja GPS and the other goodies :lurk:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
WOOHOO!! I just a call From my Buddy Mike Lokey @ the 4wd shop. My Lowrance and wheels are in. I'll pick them up tonight! Tomorrow we head to the shop @ 7am to start on the electrical system so hopefully I will be posting pics on sunday with everything installed.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok not as far along on this as I had hoped but since I hate all this wring crap I shouldn't be supprised. My buddy came down who is a 12v master and helped me put together my wiring diagrams and shoping list for all the odds and ends.

I headed out for lunch and then some shoping. Now I always try to support local shops but damn thay want to much money for connectors and stuff. I was getting 4 battery terminal 1 ground blocka nd 150 amo circuit breaker and they wanted $270 bones!!! needless to say I decided to order it all on ebay for $63.00 so that stuff will be here wednesday.

Anyway here is the list, battery isolator, optima, fuse block, inverter (1000w), viair 460 compressor w tank and 105psi switch, 6 lights, 3 additional 12v plugs, tool box vent with filter, arb switches, and a partition to keep my tool boxes from getting into the electrical stuff. Here are some pics.

P7140154.jpg
[/IMG]

P7140156.jpg
[/IMG]

electrical.jpg
[/IMG]

The fuse block will go next to the isolator and the box vent and circuit breaker for the isolator will go above the compressor.

You can see in the secon pic the partition I put in. I got apiece of scrap from the steel yard for $3.00 and fabed it up. The battery mount we made bolts down throught he bed floor securing that whole side of the box.

Hopefully I will have it all wired up friday night so more pics to come.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
cool stuff man! man, you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Kinda strange how the mods never cease, I can never figure out why? :confused:

So what kind of vent are you using? Is there a fan? Do you have to worry about water getting in the box?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
The vent is a composite louvered vent. the vent flange protruding into the bux is 1.5" so I will place a foam filter in it to help keep dust out. Think weed eater filter here. I will silicone it and place it toward the top of the box to prevent leakage.

There is no fan for now. I figure since the compressor will only be run when I'm filling tires or engaging the locker, heat will not really be an issue. Also since my box is diamond plate not black I do not have any issues due to color. I am only placing the vent on it so the compressor can breath.

I figure down the road the other side of the box will eventually hold a PPW but that will be late next year.

Once I get that installed I will post more pics.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
WOOHOO ok today I got in my shocks from Demello, my vent and battery monitor from seadog and my circuitbreaker and betery terminals from ebay. Tomorrow at 10 am the wiring begins.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well after 2 bust ass days we have got almost all the electrical stuff done. Tool box is wired and mounted. So far the inverter, battery isolator, fuse block, and compressor all work. All the dash switches and air pressure guage and battery monitor are working as well as the lowrance unit. All that is left is adding the custom wiring for the rack lights using a trailer pin connector so I can remove my roof basket, and hook up the fog lights in the bumper. Then the main wiring harnes running from the bed to the cab needs to me mounted to the frame but that is all.

The baja 480c is ************** and I have to admit that this install came out way better then I thought possible. I will have pics up in a few days. I forgot my camera at the shop so I will have to run over there and get it.

Looks like friday we start the gears and lockers yeaa!!!

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok so here is where we left off.

P7140156-1.jpg

Here is the battery isolator and fuse block wired up

P7220159.jpg

Here is the compressor and invertor wired. Notice the circuit breaker for the invertor in the top corner. it's 150 amp Also the relays for off road lights.

P7220158.jpg

Here is a top view of it all complete with compressor pressure switch and battery terminals.

P7220168.jpg

Here is the mess coming out the back of the box there are grommets now.

P7220162.jpg

And here is is going through the bed. This happens behing the box so it's out of the way.

P7220163.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner