Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

1000arms

I stopped by a friend's fiberglass shop to get quotes on fiberglass molds to build version 2 of my camper. I'll keep everyone informed if I decide to move forward with production.

I still have a lot to do in order to put together a business plan, but I was wondering what this forum thought about a $14,000 retail price for the camper with pop up and upper bed in Jeep Hardtop Black. Color matched, furniture, and shipping would be extra.

I would need to make a reasonable volume to get the price this low.

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6945.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG
There is also:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/fwc-announces-jeep-gladiator-project-m/

1000arms

I stopped by a friend's fiberglass shop to get quotes on fiberglass molds to build version 2 of my camper. I'll keep everyone informed if I decide to move forward with production.

I still have a lot to do in order to put together a business plan, but I was wondering what this forum thought about a $14,000 retail price for the camper with pop up and upper bed in Jeep Hardtop Black. Color matched, furniture, and shipping would be extra.

I would need to make a reasonable volume to get the price this low.

IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6945.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

IMG_7826.JPG
Still considering it?

Mules

Would a one-piece perimeter be doable, with a bit of scoring on the outside of the foam rubber (in the corners)?
It definitely would. I pieced mine together with scrap pieces of foam rubber I had laying around. If I would have bought new foam rubber, I would have gotten thinner pieces and done the perimeter as you suggested.

1000arms

It definitely would. I pieced mine together with scrap pieces of foam rubber I had laying around. If I would have bought new foam rubber, I would have gotten thinner pieces and done the perimeter as you suggested.
Ah, that explains why it isn't made from a nice tan rubber that matches your Jon boat PFDs. ... :cool:

Mules

As you know, I'm running my camper from the truck's stock battery and stock 400 watt inverter. Currently I have a heavy gage 12v extension cord that runs from my cab to the kitchen/fridge. I was looking for a 12v & 120v panel to mount in the kitchen, which is very hard to find.

Success, below is a dual voltage panel.

I'm still considering replacing my stock Gladiator battery with an 80 to 120AH Lithium Antigravity Battery. Lithium starter batteries are gaining popularity in Exotic cars to save weight, but there is still concern in the Overlanding world about operating at very low temperatures. The batteries are getting better every year, though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KHLGL6...olid=25YKYWA9LUWYP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 6.46.53 AM.png

Last edited:

Mules

Here's a great article on using Antigravity Lithium batteries in Overlanding vehicles.

Mules

Cleaning out the aircraft hangar and found an old dirty box covered with stickers. Took it home, cleaned off the stickers and dirt.

Turned out to be a nice Pelican box! This will be great for my overlanding gear.

C40DC8E1-8B39-4AB3-9BE4-C969FAAAFF74.jpeg

FCD04EF3-376F-452D-99E2-7C02908F2889.jpeg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
That dual voltage panel looks pretty slick. I wish I had found those (or thought to look) when I was planning my setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy