INEOS Grenadier

nickw

Adventurer
Rock-crawling capability?

I’ve watched a lot of the videos available and all indicate the truck is very capable for forest roads but what about more serious/technical trails? Do you guys think the IG could do a trail that’s rated 5/10, say something like Black Bear Pass CO with just a swap for 33” tires? I was looking to go back to a 200 Series and I‘m intrigued by the IG. Thanks
I think you should ask yourself what the IG can do better than a LC200....looks aside.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
I think you should ask yourself what the IG can do better than a LC200....looks aside.
For all the bashing it gets, I really look forward to the simplicity of the IG’s off-road mode and axle diff locks. Very basic, tried and true with no system intrusions. I’ll take the coil springs, metal bumpers, boxy shape (accessible cargo space and vertical sides), manual seats and true hand brake lever. I don’t even want leather interior.

I know there are a handful of new-model, modern vehicles that everyone says are a better choice. I don’t like their look, and the models I’ve tried I don’t like their fit. To me, those seem the models for status seekers.

nickw

Adventurer
For all the bashing it gets, I really look forward to the simplicity of the IG’s off-road mode and axle diff locks. Very basic, tried and true with no system intrusions. I’ll take the coil springs, metal bumpers, boxy shape (accessible cargo space and vertical sides), manual seats and true hand brake lever. I don’t even want leather interior.

I know there are a handful of new-model, modern vehicles that everyone says are a better choice. I don’t like their look, and the models I’ve tried I don’t like their fit. To me, those seem the models for status seekers.
I'm in the camp of proven system vs simple concepts...while we have a simple "concept" that IG has been pushing, how that is executed is going to be KEY and it's waaayyy to early to tell on a IG as of now. Even my 2001 Tacoma had issues with the Elocker that was a huge PITA to fix....took it in to Toyota and they wanted to replace the whole axle assembly, I had 2 Toyota dealers within 20 minutes of me and it took me forever to sort out.

My Ram 2500 has manual seats, manual brake and can be had with manual Tcase also....cool, but my buddy with his LC200 has all the fancy doodads and zero issues. It's the lipstick on the proverbial pig that makes it feel old school, reality is, the important things need to be right first and foremost.....engine, trans, axle, steering, chassis reliability for any of the old school simple features to be meaningful.

CanyonLX

I’ve watched a lot of the videos available and all indicate the truck is very capable for forest roads but what about more serious/technical trails? Do you guys think the IG could do a trail that’s rated 5/10, say something like Black Bear Pass CO with just a swap for 33” tires? I was looking to go back to a 200 Series and I‘m intrigued by the IG. Thanks

Without question the IG could do the Black Bear Pass. Now, debating a brand new offering to a LC is probably not the best idea; it would all come down to personal preference.

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer

Yes. Although BBP has seen some serious accidents these last few years. I’ve driven the Alpine Loop (not BBP) in my Tacoma and based on my two- off road coursework “test drives” in the Grenadier, absolutely it can handle anything like those trails. The turning radius is actually one thing that has me a little concerned as it seems to be larger than comparably sized vehicles…. So engineer pass, corkscrew, the starting part outside Ouray, all good…Blackbear? 🤷🏼‍♂️

naks

Ineos officially opens Sub-Saharan African headquarters in Cape Town – With a seafront 4×4 track for customers: https://topauto.co.za/news/90184/in...rters-in-cape-town-with-a-seafront-4x4-track/

Ineos-Cape-Town-Headquarters-2-1024x625.jpg

Ineos-Cape-Town-Headquarters-1.jpg

CanyonLX

Pretty good review of a basic trail- what’s up with those “Westin” style side steps though…
Those side steps are an add on option, likely popular with the soccer and flag football shuttling market. Looks way better without. They are 100% not sliders by any form or function.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Those side steps are an add on option, likely popular with the soccer and flag football shuttling market. Looks way better without. They are 100% not sliders by any form or function.
IMO this will be bought by 50 year old and up men with disposable income- maybe they want those sidesteps? I just think the guy buying this vehicle has a certain taste for things and those side steps miss the mark.

msnow

You could drive it straight from the dealer to black bear pass, air down the tires a bit and have no issues. BBP is not that technical, it has a couple spots but more then anything it is about taking your time and paying attention.

naks

"They say there is no such thing as a bad new car. They clearly haven’t driven this. Atrocious, dangerous thing that makes you wonder if it was signed off in the pub it was named after: “Yeah, that looks ok. Pint?”. Ineos has pumped in an extra €700m taking the total to €1.7bn."

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard

"They say there is no such thing as a bad new car. They clearly haven’t driven this. Atrocious, dangerous thing that makes you wonder if it was signed off in the pub it was named after: “Yeah, that looks ok. Pint?”. Ineos has pumped in an extra €700m taking the total to €1.7bn."
Did the guy elaborate at all? This is the first negative review I've heard of the ineos, most I've seen have been pretty favorable. I'll admit that I haven't cared enough to dive deep though, since they priced it out of my range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger