J8 Expedition Project:

bldeagle10

Explorer
pretty sure i saw you today in prescott! i wasnt watching the road and my dad said. expeditionwest.com? and i looked up and got all excited cause i saw a big expo decal on the side.

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
The combo fridge and stove slide came out beautiful! It is form and function in a nice sleek package. The propane stove is custom built for the application with two high output burners. It will become a production item when we make the combo slide available. the fridge slide will work with ARB, Engel & National Luna models.

When do you anticipate the combo slide being available? I see the other storage on the AT Habitat site but not the fridge/stove. Any rough idea of the price point?

Thanks!

jrueppel

Adventurer
Open question to whoever can answer. I was listening to stock factory hardtop on the JK rattle and squeak it's way down the road this morning and began thinking about how much quieter the jeep would be with a single piece Habitat once it's in place. Does any one who's driven the J8 with the Habitat have a feel for the noise levels in comparison to the old hard top. Pretty sure all info is pretty subjective at this point but does it feel more "solid" during the ride?

Scott Brady

Founder
It is extremely quiet. Even more importantly, it is very well insulated (think double layer with a 3" thick mattress). The heat doesn't come through at all.

jrueppel

Adventurer
Awesome. Great to hear about the insulation factor too. Ski season is just around the corner in Northern CA. Looking forward to less condensation dripping on the head on cold pow-pow days.

(beans)

Observer
So a couple of questions:
1. is there pricing info out on this yet?
2. Window option for the rear windows? EDIT:just found the info on your site...
3. Weight? EDIT: just found this too....I'm wondering if this could be removed for non-camp friendly weeks and replaced with my soft top/other hardtop....

And I'd really love to see those videos and pics of the inside...this could really have a nice impact on camping...anywhere, anytime!

thx in advance...

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be street legal.

What I am curious about is importation and registration. I hope all the details on what documentation is required and what agencies must be satisfied are shared with the forum. I am always curious about the legal details on importing, registering and insuring exotics.

A topic like this could probably be it's own thread, but should be referenced in this one.

Anything more on this? How can AEV sell a rolling J8 chassis less engine/tranny to a customer, customer sources eng/trans, installs and then registers the rig in the USA...how does NHTSA allow that?

This method might be the way to get other cool rigs in to the USA. :victory:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
So a couple of questions:
1. is there pricing info out on this yet?
2. Window option for the rear windows? EDIT:just found the info on your site...
3. Weight? EDIT: just found this too....I'm wondering if this could be removed for non-camp friendly weeks and replaced with my soft top/other hardtop....

And I'd really love to see those videos and pics of the inside...this could really have a nice impact on camping...anywhere, anytime!

thx in advance...

Video has been shot. I am waiting for a new power supply for the camera so I can transfer it over to my lap top for editing.

Should have something on our site either Friday or Saturday.

alosix

Expedition Leader
Anything more on this? How can AEV sell a rolling J8 chassis less engine/tranny to a customer, customer sources eng/trans, installs and then registers the rig in the USA...how does NHTSA allow that?

There appear to be a few holes in kit car registration for that.

But then again, AEV hasn't actually sold one yet.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Too cool, y'all.
Looking forward to watching this happen.
""Every minute of every day, someone needs blood. That blood can only come from a volunteer donor, a person like you who makes the choice to donate. There is no substitute for your donation. (from Red Cross' website)

Donate once a quarter and you may save eight lives a year. (from where I work - The Blood Center of Central Texas)

If you're eligible, please take the time to donate blood or even better, apheresis platelets at your community blood center or at a blood drive.

"Dudes and Dudettes!

Thanks!"Hey thanks for the note....I used 8 units last month....I can't donate cause I use heavy duty pain killers.
thank you all who donate!!!!!!You saved a guys life here or there! Keep up the unselfish work.......again Thanks Alot.....felt better after the first unit!:wings:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Its more a Chrysler problem than AEV problem last I heard. Chrysler is having a HARD time getting all the parts makers back on board after there financial restructuring :)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Its more a Chrysler problem than AEV problem last I heard. Chrysler is having a HARD time getting all the parts makers back on board after there financial restructuring :)

Yes, Jeff from AEV informed me of that this morning. They had a meeting with Chrysler last week. Hopefully soon they'll know more he said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__