Jeep Show-and-tell

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
I dig the green.

...Revolver shackles in the rear are excellent too.

I have heard some horror stories about the revolvers, and them not going back as designed. I would research them a bit more, and possibly ask some jeep guys their input. From what I hear, they were designed to increase the RTI ramp numbers, and in real world (non ramp) they don't work quite the same. I am not a Jeep guy any more, but remember reading about them. Just my 2 cents.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Scenic WonderRunner said:
I'm sooo confused on the whole.......TJ.....XJ......Whatever J thing!

.....and the "spring over"........

.....and the "spring under"........

...and which is better.

.................:rolleyes:

I only say this because I'm your buddy and because I like to make fun of it: It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :xxrotflma

Switching to Toyota for a moment, I'm still thoroughly confused as to when the Z showed up in the FJ - and what the heck it means. But there does seem to be a natural progression with the Toyotas. A 40 is "old". An 80 is not as old. But the Z? AND THEN they had to go make an FJ Cruiser, as if that makes ANY chronological sense at all.

Let's eat, drink, and be merry 'round the expedition campfire. :smiley_drive: :beer:

articulate

Expedition Leader
cshontz said:
Love your ride, Mark. We shoulda rolled together - the vast distance that seperates us aside.

76708579_53d6286d05.jpg

This thing was great. Old Man Emu + .75" w/ 32x11.50, winch, sport cage, front and rear Powertrax No-Slips, and an Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case. It trivialized alot of the terrain around here.

I miss it. I smacked it into something. This picture was taken after the smacking occurred. After that it, wasn't quite right - like it was an unfaithful spouse, so I sold it.
No kidding! That's a beautiful Jeep, if I can say so. SWEET Atlas.

Needs a snorkel. :violent-smiley-031:

:)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

articulate said:
I only say this because I'm your buddy and because I like to make fun of it: It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :xxrotflma

Switching to Toyota for a moment, I'm still thoroughly confused as to when the Z showed up in the FJ - and what the heck it means. But there does seem to be a natural progression with the Toyotas. A 40 is "old". An 80 is not as old. But the Z? AND THEN they had to go make an FJ Cruiser, as if that makes ANY chronological sense at all.

Let's eat, drink, and be merry 'round the expedition campfire. :smiley_drive: :beer:

OK!........Mark.........!

I almost understand now!

............now what was that you said>?!!!! ...........hehe....:friday:.... :sombrero:

YJ Dave

Observer
What happened? I can not link to page two anymore :(

I know that their are some sweet XJ, ZJ, WJ's out there, if you have pics of your Jeep (any Jeep) in action please post them up. Tell us about your go anywhere ride. Even if it is a work in progress show us what you have.

sbisig

I just found the site and am going to post some pics of my YJ. Don't have too many pics though.

Basically its a stock YJ with 4.0, TF999, ARB rear, OME suspension with XL leafs, 4:10 gears, TJ flares (cut as much as possible), 33 inch Firestone Destination M/T. When fully flexed, the tires don't rub.

Driveway pic before installing the extra leafs. Now sits about an inch higher.

211430011_1210fda7f1.jpg

From this past weekend in the Olympics...

211007030_222a68e36a.jpg

Here is a picture of the cargo box I built...

203927702_6c48219c57.jpg

210994032_e7a59a3138.jpg

Last edited:

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Welcome to ExPo. By coincidence, I just commented on one of your storage box pictures over a week ago. Excellent pictures!

Scott Brady

Founder
Here is my trusty steed. I have used my Jeep for several extended trips with a trailer in tow. The Wrangler / Off-Road trailer combo works very well.

ecddjeep_trailer_jpg.jpg

Wrangler Sahara (View Album)
Engine
4.0 Liter, Straight Six
Transmission 5-Speed AX15, 3.9 1st Gear
Transfer case 2-speed, Part-Time, 2.72 Low Range
Crawl Ratio 52.2:1
Front Axle Dana 30 High Pinion, ARB Locking Differential, 4.88 Ring and Pinion, Disc Brakes
Rear Axle Dana 44 (Dynatrac), ARB Locking Differential, 4.88 Ring and Pinion
Front Suspension 2.5" Old Man Emu (J1R) Lift springs, 1" shackles, JKS sway bar disconnects, OME Shocks (N33), stainless steel brake lines
Rear Suspension 2.5" Old Man Emu (J1R) lift springs, Revolver Shackles, OME Shock (N34), Stainless steel brake lines
Tires BF Goodrich KM, 33x10.5, on stock TJ Sahara Wheels
GVWR (stock) 4450 Lbs.
Payload (stock) 800 lbs.
Curb Weight (actual) 3520 Lbs
Cargo Area 42.7 Sq Feet to front seats
Wheelbase 93.4
Overall Length 158.4
Overall Width 71.2
Ground Clearance 9.9 (Actual)
Additional Modifications Sailcloth top
Hard Top
B&M Short Shift Kit
ARB Fridge
ARB Compressor
TJ Flares
M8000 Warn Winch
Tuffy Console
TJ Grizzly Wheels
JKS Disconnects
Warn rear bumper
Warn Tire Carrier
ARB front Bumper
ARB Compressor
Warn Sliders
1" body lift
1" motor lift
Custom High-clearance exhaust
Custom Panhard Rod
OME Shocks N33 front N34L Rear
M.O.R.E. extended rear shock mounts
Revolver Shackles
SS brake lines
ARB Snorkel
Misc expedition equipment
Several Engine Modifications

articulate

Expedition Leader
sbisig said:
I just found the site and am going to post some pics of my YJ. Don't have too many pics though.

203927702_6c48219c57.jpg

210994032_e7a59a3138.jpg
That box is nice. What is that made of? Looks like inarguable craftsmanship, too!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

sbisig...............

Welcome to the forum!

I have to tell you.........

Since you are from Puyallup..........

As a kid.......

I used to go to the "Puyallup Fair" every year!....headed down from Seattle with my folks.

That was the good 'ole days...... when Roy Rodgers and Dale Evans were the Stars of the Show!

What wonderful memories I have!

.....Great rig!..........Thanks for sharing!

sbisig

articulate said:
That box is nice. What is that made of? Looks like inarguable craftsmanship, too!

3/4 inch exterior plywood.

Finished with porch paint, then coated with marine varnish (if done again I would have only done the varnish)

Marine grade carpeting from Lowes. Glued down with Weldwood contact cement.

3/4 inch aluminum angle - all angles cut with tin snips and ground with a file.

The drawer uses heavy duty cabinet slides from Home Depot (100 pound capacity).

I sealed the interior of box with caulking to keep some water out and to minimize leakage from within in case an oil or other fluid container ruptures.

Rubi-Khan

Observer
Great looking rigs, guys!

I've got a CJ that I built for some of the harder stuff. Now that I've moved to Colorado I'm not so much interested in the techinical challenge as I am the 'expedition'. I'm spending more time in a Rubicon Unlimited these days. You can see lots more pictures at:

http://www.myjeepspace.com/RubiKhan

2986245410088776503wsOmdq_ph.jpg

picid8600DwOXl6HMD1nbIN82doWnSwf-1.jpg

thejafe

Adventurer
Hey everybody, first post here on this forum :cool: . My TJ:

OME HD Coils / .75" Coil Spacers
RE Twin Tube Shocks
32x11.50 BFG AT's / 1.25" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers

My%20TJ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads