Lets see some "set up" Regular Camper shells

Clutch

<---Pass
By any chance do you have the specs on that cot? Is it less 72" long?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone beat me to it...link is above the picture. That is in my Tacoma.

Nice thing about it, you can pull it outside when the weather is nice...unlike having a platform/drawers. I use a pro model ez-up for a tent as well, when we are staying at place longer than a day.

Last edited:

cliniford

Observer
Unless you build a custom frame mounted battery box, most trucks I've seen mount in the bed. I ended up going that route too.
Not great carpentry work... but functional.

I actually decided to go with a frame mounted battery. Still need to finish building it but it's made from 1/4" steel and hooks over the top I my frame under the bed and will have a clamp setup to keep it secure. It will have a marine style battery box attached to house the group 31 battery to keep it clean and dry.

5araqu5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Someone beat me to it...link is above the picture. That is in my Tacoma.

Nice thing about it, you can pull it outside when the weather is nice...unlike having a platform/drawers. I use a pro model ez-up for a tent as well, when we are staying at place longer than a day.

I just wish that it was a bit shorter so I can shut the tailgate with it set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I actually decided to go with a frame mounted battery. Still need to finish building it but it's made from 1/4" steel and hooks over the top I my frame under the bed and will have a clamp setup to keep it secure. It will have a marine style battery box attached to house the group 31 battery to keep it clean and dry.

5araqu5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks sharp. If I did it again I'd probably have my brother-in-law fab me up one, but I just like having it out of the elements. Hell, I didn't even want my compressor under the truck. Like today... I was headlight deep in snow trying to trail break my other sister-in-law through the drifts in her driveway. The entire undercarriage and radiator is packed in white stuff.

Coscienceguy

Observer
Ambulance mount, third batter tray...

They do make them, and they mount to the frame pretty easy. I bought it on ebay for like $50, and then had to buy my own hardware. here are some pics...iphone5 2014 107.jpgiphone5 2014 072.jpgiphone5 2014 071.jpgiphone5 2014 070.jpg

TrvlnWest

Inside the camper

Here are a few shots of the interior of the camper I have put together. I have a bed with storage boxes underneath for cooking gear, groceries, spares and such.

The canopy you see rolls up and attaches to the roof rack when I am traveling.

On each side, just inside the tailgate, there are shelves for four 5 gallon water containers. Underneath the water on the left is a bucket style porta can. On the right there is a trash can.

On each side of the mattress there is storage. On the left is a place to strap in back packs, and next to that going forward, is a marine style propane heater.

On the right is a fold down shelf you can use to fix a quick meal on if it is freezing cold outside. Behind that shelf, is a place to store folding chairs and a roll a table.

On top of the camper is a 140 watt Kyocera solar panel and a rocket box which holds the canvas sides for the canopy.

There is a Fantastic fan over the bed.

You can see the canvas door that rolls up in one of the pictures. It has a screen in it for summer. There is another screen window at the opposite end of the bed that works with the window that opens to the cab.

Up front, behind the passenger seat I have an ARB fridge, which runs off the solar panel via a deep cycle battery I installed under the hood.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread for the great ideas you have shared.

2013-07-07_12-21-59_902.jpg2013-02-23_12-14-16_213-2.jpg2014-02-18_18-47-57_862.jpg2014-02-18_18-48-15_100.jpg2014-02-18_18-49-12_772.jpg2013-12-09_20-19-51_843.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-02-13_11-14-37_66.jpg
    2014-02-13_11-14-37_66.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 224

TrvlnWest

washington taco ....
Its a Newport. It has outside combustion air and puts out about 9000 BTU on high setting. The propane tank for it is on the passenger side of the rear bumper behind the spare tire. Its kind of hard to see in the photo, because it has a black Sunbrella cover on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad