Lone Peak Overland

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I need to call them today about my molle panel. I ordered one with the build, but at the time of pick up they didn’t have one available. Said they’d ship it to me in a week or two, and I’ve just forgotten about it since. I heard from the dealer today, and they trying to have my truck ready this afternoon. So now I’m needing to get everything together, and thinking about all the little things I’ve overlooked the last few weeks lol

1titanfan

I’m surprised they didn’t have the molle panel in stock. I remember a couple of months ago that they said that they had enough parts and accessories to complete all the orders and more. Did you get everything else you ordered? What number was your build?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I’m surprised they didn’t have the molle panel in stock. I remember a couple of months ago that they said that they had enough parts and accessories to complete all the orders and more. Did you get everything else you ordered? What number was your build?
I did, and while I did not receive the molle panel at the time of pickup I did notice they had TONS of inventory on hand. I’m not blaming them for the molle panel. There were other factors at hand (mine, not theirs) that I don’t care to disclose on a public forum. They went above and beyond to help me out.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Planning on throwing my OVS 270 awning back on tomorrow. I mounted it last week while waiting for my truck, but then removed it today to actually mount my truck. That much weight on one side was making balancing an issue when lifting it. I’ll make a few tweeks in the AM as well. Need to move my Gear Vault over slightly, adjust one of the latches, and figure out battery placement.

Antwon412

High. I have the roof vent, and the high bars are necessary to clear it.

I also have the roof vent on my build. I was planning on doing the low bars and then mounting solar panels on them. Probably with a drop bracket so that the panels are flush with the top of the load bars.

Would that work? Is there enough room at the front of the camper To fit panels?

Thanks

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I also have the roof vent on my build. I was planning on doing the low bars and then mounting solar panels on them. Probably with a drop bracket so that the panels are flush with the top of the load bars.

Would that work? Is there enough room at the front of the camper To fit panels?

Thanks
Depending on where you have your vent placed. I have mine at the back of the camper, and have a ton of real estate for panels.

Attachments

• E059AA63-B407-4BFC-817A-2F8C791F3F7C.jpeg
    E059AA63-B407-4BFC-817A-2F8C791F3F7C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Antwon412

Depending on where you have your vent placed. I have mine at the back of the camper, and have a ton of real estate for panels.

Great thanks. I didn’t know if they would give you an option of where it could be placed. I would definitely place mine at the back though. That way when the top is popped, it’s sort of at the peak of the ceiling.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Got a few things wired in tonight. Just waiting on my solar panels to tie in. My little guy is loving it!

Attachments

• 1C20762B-EA13-4145-BC8C-C0076E6A0552.jpeg
    1C20762B-EA13-4145-BC8C-C0076E6A0552.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • F807E501-063C-4611-94C8-6171C506EEDB.jpeg
    F807E501-063C-4611-94C8-6171C506EEDB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

1titanfan

Thanks for the pics it’s the first one I’ve seen that shows exactly where it is on the roof. What’s that black part on the roof? I’m installing 3-100 watt flexible panels (some day) so the fan placement was critical.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Thanks for the pics it’s the first one I’ve seen that shows exactly where it is on the roof. What’s that black part on the roof? I’m installing 3-100 watt flexible panels (some day) so the fan placement was critical.
Fan placement is optional. I chose the back half, which works out better for me for two reasons. It leaves more real estate up front for solar panels. Being the solar wiring ports are up front, I’d rather have my panels placed there. Also it allows the fan to be placed near the open portion of the cabin when the roof is closed. Being in Texas I’d like to still run the fan on warm days even if the roof is closed so I don’t open it up to a complete sauna.

The black portion was me being lazy and frustrated. I was in the process of adding a thin sound proofing/insulation sheet to the roof interior. However the adhesive on the material is far trickier to work with than expected, and I was becoming frustrated with trying to get it straight. So I quit for the night, and decided to try again yesterday. I did manage to finish it, but it wasn’t near as pretty as I had hoped. However it will keep more heat from burning through the roof, and allow us to somewhat control the temp better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl