Making a JKU fun in the Highway (speed) parts of an Expedition?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Something to understand about the Truetrac is it is a Torsen style differential. So it's not "on" or "off". It is torque sensing, as the worm gears bear down it provides more and more torque to the wheel with limited traction.
I can't remember what the bias ratio is, but I *think* it's about 2.4-ish to 1.
I put one in a track car that replaced a Detroit locker, and saw an immediate improvement in lap time. So smooth going in with trail braking, and coming out hard under power.
I have been trying to talk my buddy into putting one in the front and rear of his WJ. :)

There is a version that uses clutches as well as the worm gears, so it stays loaded all the time. It is pretty spendy though.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
You only need the right suspension. . . :smiley_drive:

Yep. I love watching you guys flog the AEV on the track, even getting some drift action into it! ha ha. Just wish I had 100k to toss at one. Canadian exchange rate at the moment! ha ha. Coming up our way anytime?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Pre runner style suspension is probably not the best for highway driving however, they are softer to handle the bumps. The AEV is sprung stiffer to stay flatter on the pavement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat