Offroad Teardrop+ concept

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
Is there an estimated price for this unit yet? I just finished reading the whole thread. It looks like an amazing piece of work.

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Still waiting for vendor prices to come in. I am still confident we can reach the under $10K mark.

Uncle Roger

Observer
Have you seen these trailers? http://moby1trailers.com/ Looks like their off-road versions start at just under $10k, but they don't have the flip-open tent and, IMO, don't look as good. You might get some ideas from the photos, though.

Also, will the tent need a fly in the rain?

I noticed that your earlier images are no longer available -- if you need someplace to host them, I could help out with that.

JJBiggs

Have you seen these trailers? http://moby1trailers.com/ Looks like their off-road versions start at just under $10k, but they don't have the flip-open tent and, IMO, don't look as good. You might get some ideas from the photos, though.

Also, will the tent need a fly in the rain?

I noticed that your earlier images are no longer available -- if you need someplace to host them, I could help out with that.

I am VERY happy to report that our trailer will be professionally built from top to bottom and will not resemble a pieced together backyard special. I have been working very hard to find top quality materials and systems that will go into this trailer. While the design was inspired by the "tear drop" trailers - it will be far from the "tear drops" in the end.

C.

JJBiggs

**UPDATE 09.07.10**

The trailers are that much closer to a reality. FINALLY - we have found a fiberglass manufacturer with automotive parts fabrication experience and has given us a fantastic quote to get the parts underway. Once we have the 1st two trailer frames welded up, we will start the process.

Upon completion of the 1st two we will be attending shows and Overland Expos to see how the reaction is as well marketing the units. During this time, we intend on testing these for a period of 3 months to make sure the design will withstand the abuses of the trail.

More to come.

C.

fulljam

Observer
Howdy folks...

Quick little teaser image for those that have been keeping with this.
(NOTE - this is 99% complete save a couple of stabilizing legs and the fenders are now back to the "Jeep style.")

More to come. Stay tuned.

XpoTRAIL4-FINAL-C_web.jpg

Impressif!:drool:

XJBANKER

Explorer
Any thought of addind a changing room off of the flip top so you can dress before entering the trailer and have a dry spot to store all of your gear that you had packed into the trailer during transport?

JJBiggs

Any thought of addind a changing room off of the flip top so you can dress before entering the trailer and have a dry spot to store all of your gear that you had packed into the trailer during transport?

Yes. We are hoping to add a small list of accessories & options. The current list so far:

- Accessory: 12v LCD video entertainment system (runs off from MPEG / video iPod).
- Accessory: Weather band radio
- Accessory: Various storage bins for galley cubbies
- Accessory: Flip panel attached screen house with privacy shades
- Option: dual battery system
- Option: 60w solar charging panel
- Option: 6 gal LP based hot water heater (pilot lit)
- Option: Additional lug patterns
- Option: Wheels & tires

I anticipate more accessories rather than options. I personally would rather make these available loaded with all the right goodies, at the right price. We prefer to keep the options list small for ease of fabrication.

Much more to come.

C.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Chad is a pretty tall dude too, I bet he would make it large enough for the vertically enhanced out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3