OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
taco chaser said:
Cool man, nice upgrade. Did you ever figure out what was going on with the brakes????:bigbossHL:
I changed the master out and it helped out alot but there is still somewhat of a soft peddle. I stops fine, I just don't want to be the one that has to replace the whole brake system to find out is something really small.

CYi5

Explorer
just remember, the faster you go the smoother the ride :) 35-40mph is the sweet spot:smiley_drive:

OldSven

Explorer
CYi5 said:
just remember, the faster you go the smoother the ride :) 35-40mph is the sweet spot:smiley_drive:
That's what I'm shooting for. So far hold the weight well, but will find out when I take on the pot holes this weekend.

adrenaline503

Explorer
Sorry to change the subject, but could you provide some info on how your lighting is or has been set up? I just procured a Badlands Bumper and would like to mount some driving, flood and fog lights. Thanks a lot, and I love your truck, quite the inspiration.

OldSven

Explorer
adrenaline503 said:
Sorry to change the subject, but could you provide some info on how your lighting is or has been set up? I just procured a Badlands Bumper and would like to mount some driving, flood and fog lights. Thanks a lot, and I love your truck, quite the inspiration.
Pg. 21 has some pics. Just drilled the holes through the diamond plate and secured the lights down. Remember when you drill that the main tube runs along there so move them back a bit so that the nut and washer clear the tube. Here is kind of a muddy shot but should help with location.
DSC02865.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
p1michaud said:
Why did you move away from the Tundra set up? Wise choice, you will be happy with them.

At 2 1/8" thread showing you are on par with the rest of us with your added weight: Donahoe exposed threads vs. lift correlation

Cheers,
P
Mainly for more performance, and future added weight. The Tundra's were awsome and did well for me but I'm getting a heavier foot lately and could afford coilovers now so went for it. Plus the whole SAS was way way down the road so I splurged:) I did like how the ICON's felt out of the box but not nearly high enough to match the rear. I will be slapping a BudBuilt skid on there soon which is another 55lbs so 2 1/8" should smooth out a bit when that goes on.

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
OldSven said:
Mainly for more performance, and future added weight. The Tundra's were awsome and did well for me but I'm getting a heavier foot lately and could afford coilovers now so went for it. Plus the whole SAS was way way down the road so I splurged:) I did like how the ICON's felt out of the box but not nearly high enough to match the rear. I will be slapping a BudBuilt skid on there soon which is another 55lbs so 2 1/8" should smooth out a bit when that goes on.
If you bring your rig down to me in northern Cal when your ready to do the SAS, I'll hook you up with a good deal on the swap and the regear. Just for future reference.:) Your biggest exspense will be your parts and the parts list is up to you unless other wise requested.

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
taco chaser said:
If you bring your rig down to me in northern Cal when your ready to do the SAS, I'll hook you up with a good deal on the swap and the regear. Just for future reference.:) Your biggest exspense will be your parts and the parts list is up to you unless other wise requested.
I can take care of the fab part of the SAS, it's the $$$$$$$ part that I have a hard time figuring out:cow: Could use a deal on a BudBuilt though???

OldSven

Explorer
BudBuilt is on:chowtime: Damn, that thing is heavy!!! Weight's in at 55lbs for the front skid. Really clean design and mounts up so there is no way of ripping this one off, well worth the $$$.

DSC03130.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy