OldSven's Tacoma

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
Nice........Time to hit something now!!!!

lol

Looking good!

:)
I'll try this weekend. I did notice when I was installing it with the floor jack (yeah I'm lazy) once it mounted up I could jack the truck up by it.

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
OldSven said:
I'll try this weekend. I did notice when I was installing it with the floor jack (yeah I'm lazy) once it mounted up I could jack the truck up by it.

Sven, how have the EBC brakes held up and how do they work? oh and where did you get them, i need to get something done about mine.

OldSven

Explorer
neliconcept said:
Sven, how have the EBC brakes held up and how do they work? oh and where did you get them, i need to get something done about mine.
Got them from www.buybrakes.com So far they have been great! Wish I could have stuffed the Tundras on there but can't with the 15"s so these are the next best thing.

OldSven

Explorer
Been looking at changing tires and when I got home today my fiance had gone out and had them installed on the truck:smiley_drive: I still have to pay them off but WOW!!! Went with some 33x10.5x15 BFG MT's. I loved the Maxxis and wish they had made more sizes but this size really suites what the truck is being used for. The 12.5's were awsome wheeling tires but long drives to the trails and more trips planned to places like Moab in the future made these an awsome choice. I will get some more pics up soon.

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
OldSven said:
Been looking at changing tires and when I got home today my fiance had gone out and had them installed on the truck:smiley_drive: I still have to pay them off but WOW!!!

Man - that's a good woman. Good blood lines in those Willman's!

Adventurer
OldSven said:
DSC01780.jpg

G-Day!
Where did you find bolts to accommodate the stock Chevy inner bushing sleeves?
Stock Chevy sleeves accept 9/16'' bolts. I replaced the original Chevy bushings with Energy Suspension bushings, the set comes with 9/16'' replacement sleeves.
Did you use a washer on the nut side of the hangers?
What bolt length did you go with? My front spring hanger is 3.5'' out side dimension. I'm thinking 4.5'' would be plenty but 4'' will still be fine, does this sound right?

Oh by the way your new tire look great! congrats.
How are the road manners compared to the 12.5'' Maxxis?

Any help would be appreciated :beer: 4307

OldSven

Explorer
I actually used my stock bolts from my Tacoma springs but the holes in the hangers were bigger than the bolts so to keep them from coming loose I bolted them up with thick washers let the weight of the truck down on them and then welded the washers to the hangers, haven't had any problems. I still have the stock chevy bushings in there so not sure what bolt would work for yours. The new 10.5's rock:jumping: Yet to get it off road but the driving habbits on road are awsome. It tracks alot better, handles, and they are about 14lbs lighter per tire than the 12.5's, but wheeling will be the real test.

OldSven

Explorer
Got some cool pics coming soon, but here is one mod that is high up on my list:hehe: Lots of family in town this past weekend for our wedding and my aunt from San Diego brought up some stuff of mine that she had been keeping for me. Well this was the license plate that was one my "BigFoot" powerwheels and my first bike when I was a kid and hadn't seen in over 15yrs so it just had to go on the truck. Also got to drive the truck away from the wedding so some cool pics coming with it all done up :rolleyes:

DSC03559.jpg

OldSven

Explorer
Here's some pics from the wedding, I got to drive the truck away how cool is that:hehe:

ElisaandHuntersweddingday028.jpg

ElisaandHuntersweddingday038.jpg

ElisaandHuntersweddingday031.jpg

ElisaandHuntersweddingday043-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy