Overland XJs Unite!

Kymcmahon5

Observer
Hey xj guys, I recently got my cherokee and was just wondering what you would recommend for first mods. I was going to do 3" lift and 31" tires but I am amazed at how well this thing does in stock form offroad. I am now thinking of doing a winch and recovery points first. Any advice?

wreckedxj

Go to the newer style radiator.

Build recovery points.

Put a 3 inch lift on 31s so you dont need to use the recovery points as often.

Fix the horrible rear stock shackle angle so that it rides better.

Tmacphee

Hey xj guys, I recently got my cherokee and was just wondering what you would recommend for first mods. I was going to do 3" lift and 31" tires but I am amazed at how well this thing does in stock form offroad. I am now thinking of doing a winch and recovery points first. Any advice?

Recovery points and skid plates. Your always going to need them no matter how built your rig is. Also, swaybar disconnects for obvious reasons.

Kymcmahon5

Observer
Ok thanks for the info guys. Prev owner said he replaced the radiator but I think ill put a new one in and rad hoses just incase. Loving the XJ so far!

cdn_xj

Observer
5f1c3c02eadc8f697ea86ad472ab787e.jpg

Here is mine looking all expedition-y-ish

4.0L - AW4 - NP231 - D30, Open - C8.25 29-Spline, OEM Trac-Loc - 4.10:1
5.5" bastard lift
JKS Discos, ACOS & Miniskids
RE DB's, UCAs & LCAs
33x10.50-15 BFG ATs on 15x7 Eagle Alloys
RuffStuff Diff Covers
TNT Ubolt Eliminators, Stiffenerz, Sliderz & BellyPan
AA SYE
LeBaron hood vents
B&M Tranny cooler
62mm TB
Borla Cat-Back
ARB Bullbar w/Warn M9000
C4x4 Fab Rear bumper & carrier
ZJ Rear Discs

Last edited:

Pinebarrensjeep

94 2dr

Here's mine. Daily driver/ expedition rig.
94 2dr 5spd
Hp30 8.8 4.10
Locked, unibody plated
Long arm, skids, 35 kevlars
Cargo storage system ,fs spare
Full tools and spares onboard.
Everything has been rebuilt.
ICe cold a/c and working heat.
Winch, with interior control, f&r bumpers

Working on dual batt setup w/1000 watt inveter next.
Never ending project

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 47

Itsavanman

Adventurer
ooh good timing for this thread to pop up.. going to be starting the floor of my xj "weekender" camper today.... pics soon to follow.. and that bridge looks sketchy lol.... i think I would think twice before crossing it.... :)

Hunter67

Observer
1995 2-door

This is my XJ, used as daily driver / hunting truck / overland truck / ...

P1070655a.JPG

P1070912a_001.jpg

- 4.0 HO, 2-door Sport from 1995. Imported from Canada as 2-door XJs had never been sold by Chrysler in Germany
- AW4, NP242 (retrofitted), A/C, D30 w Aussie Locker, C8.25 w Detroit Locker, 3.5" RE SuperRide, JKS Quick Discos, 31x10.5R15 General Grabber AT² on stock steel rims, Spacers f+r, OME Nitrochargers f+r
- Pacesetter manifold, Flowtech Afterburner, double tailpipe
- Bosch H4 headlights w. modified harness + daytime running light function, white corner lights
- Rag top (Webasto), leather seats (retrofitted from Limited), Raingler cargo net
- Mopar frontskid, DIY transmission and transfercase skid, D-Ring mounting brackets front (HiCountry)

to come:
- CB radio
- Le Baron Turbo Hood vents
- Truck Lite LEDs (?)

Markus

Last edited:

Itsavanman

Adventurer
forgot to add the "gunnadoo's" future mods for my xpo jeep. install junkyard trak lok from an R/T Durango thats been sitting on the shelf for 6 months. rebuild or replace the hp30, 1-2" JC Whitney spacer lift and real offroad tires to replace the pizza cutter passenger car tires.. and hopefully next year replace the tired 4.0 and ax15 with a 5.2 and np3500 from a rotted to death ram. it will then be my triple sport rig hot rod / camper / winter beater lol.... but right now just hoping the failing ax15 makes it through the winter.... :smiley_drive:

cdn_xj

Observer
This is my XJ, used as daily driver / hunting truck / overland truck / ...

P1070655a.JPG

P1070912a_001.jpg

- 4.0 HO, 2-door Sport from 1995. Imported from Canada as 2-door XJs had never been sold by Chrysler in Germany
- AW4, NP242 (retrofitted), A/C, D30 w Aussie Locker, C8.25 w Detroit Locker, 3.5" RE SuperRide, JKS Quick Discos, 31x10.5R15 General Grabber AT² on stock steel rims, Spacers f+r, OME Nitrochargers f+r
- Pacesetter manifold, Flowtech Afterburner, double tailpipe
- Bosch H4 headlights w. modified harness + daytime running light function, white corner lights
- Rag top (Webasto), leather seats (retrofitted from Limited), Raingler cargo net
- Mopar frontskid, DIY transmission and transfercase skid, D-Ring mounting brackets front (HiCountry)

to come:
- CB radio
- Le Baron Turbo Hood vents
- Truck Lite LEDs (?)

Markus

Markus,

Something to consider re: led headlights.

As I understand it, the LED headlights may not generate enough heat to effectively melt any ice/snow buildup. Not such a big concern for me in the Vancouver, BC area but if you get a great deal of snow where you are it may become an issue for you.

Also, I have a 190E 2.3-16 that I drive regularly as well and I opted to stay with the H4s on my XJ because going from LED to the H4s on the 16v and back again is too much of a difference for my (aging ) night vision to keep up with.

Just food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal