Pics of your VAN! Post up!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I was hoping that we could get some legislation out of the Copenhagen Summitt that would provide for two soild months of awesome continuous snowfall from Dec thru the end of Jan tailing off a bit in Feb, but alas alac, there was no consensus on that issue. I'll bring it up at the next town hall meeting.:ylsmoke:

never give up!!!!!!

almac

my 91 Mitsubishi delica 2.5L Diesel.

HPIM0159.jpg

DELICA024.jpg

i've had it for about a month now.
5SPD, 4x4, lifted, custom galley(sink/stove/cooler), bed.
best thing, is that it runs on waste vegetable oil or diesel. my fishin trips this spring will cost me next to nothing! :victory:

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Nye 2010

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post up some New Years trip pics. Sorry, no crazy party shots, just some breakfast views, old military batteries and a creekside camp-

DSC_0270Large.jpg

DSC_0277Large.jpg

DSC_0259Large.jpg

DSC_0249Large.jpg

DSC_0280Large.jpg

DSC_0282Large.jpg

DSC_0278Large.jpg

Cheers!

hikingff77

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post up some New Years trip pics. Sorry, no crazy party shots, just some breakfast views, old military batteries and a creekside camp-

DSC_0270Large.jpg

DSC_0277Large.jpg

DSC_0259Large.jpg

DSC_0249Large.jpg

DSC_0280Large.jpg

DSC_0282Large.jpg

DSC_0278Large.jpg

Cheers!

Sweet! Never thought of that set up! You got to have more pictures or data on that. Did you mod the box?

CSG

Explorer
What a totally cooool conversion! You had me looking at used ambulance sites. If only I had the skills to do a conversion. Some of these used ambulances are really good deals.

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Sweet! Never thought of that set up! You got to have more pictures or data on that. Did you mod the box?

Big thanks for the compliments! I have a lazy build thread here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34160

What a totally cooool conversion! You had me looking at used ambulance sites. If only I had the skills to do a conversion. Some of these used ambulances are really good deals.

Much agreed, I paid 5500 for the ambulance. I can't speak for other makes, but the McCoy Miller box has 1/8" AL skin, and is fully welded. The built-ins have solid hardware, and it's wired for 110 too. I think it would be near impossible to re-create the box alone for the purchase price?

Sweet pics Nate!

Cheers bud!

getout

Adventurer
I am one of you now!

We just picked this up over the weekend: :wings:

1992 Ford E350, 7.5l, Dana 60 from Advanced 4wd.

Don't expect anything too cool anytime soon. We're going to primarily use it as our family camper and have all our rafting gear we'll use for the most part. As we make changes though, we'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, I'll just keep gleaming information from all your posts!

P1240006.jpg

P1240010-1.jpg

P1240009.jpg

P1240007.jpg

Last edited:

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Welcome

Getout,

Welcome to the club, an "Nice" find on your recent purchase!!!

Good luck with her, what are your plans going to be, wants , needs, desires etc.?

Please share,

Advrider

getout

Adventurer
For starters, an alignment, a car wash, and a good vacuum.

Not too distant future:
Do something with the rust
Full length roof rack
Front and rear bumpers

Dreams:
All the rust fixed
New paint
Full line-x interior and exterior skirts

Slightly unrealistic dreams:
Diesel engine swap

We'll see what else we can come up with along the way.

Has anyone seen any pictures of a roof top tent or two or three mounted to one of these vans?

Also, can anyone point me towards any instructions or good write ups on doing a 4x4 conversion?

Gracias

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What kind of writeup's are you looking for? Where someone has completed their own conversion?

What kind of writeup's are you looking for? Where someone has completed their own conversion?

Well, if there is one where someone documented the process with lots of pics and everything, sure. Mainly just trying to get an idea of what the undertaking will involve.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Well, if there is one where someone documented the process with lots of pics and everything, sure. Mainly just trying to get an idea of what the undertaking will involve.

I'll have a DVD soon, with a full install. It will be a complete 4x4 conversion guide, I expect to have it 100% complete early summer. Check out the FAQ section on my website to see what needs to be considered with the conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk