Project Serenity: an 08 Tacoma DC overland build-up

frozenground

Adventurer
new rack fairing and lights

next up I fabricated a new fairing for the baja rack!

I scrounged up some nice .125 aluminum sheet and transfered the hole pattern etc:
serenitybuild11_7.jpg

test fitting:
serenitybuild11_8.jpg

most of the fab work done, ready for paint:
serenitybuild11_9.jpg

and here it was after paint and mounting the Vision X Solstice lights. I put 1 flood beam and 1 spot beam on each side:
serenitybuild11_10.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
blackout hood vinyl

added some matte black vinyl to the hood to kill glare from the sun and the rack lights, kind of a pain to apply but works awesome!!

here's a pic while putting it on:
serenitybuild11_13.jpg

and here it is finished up (with some miles on it )
projectserenity11_2.jpg

projectserenity11_3.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
all pro e-locker guard

in a moment of prophetic clarity I added an e-locker guard from All-Pro before our recent trip to DV, and it paid for itself on steel pass haha :Wow1:

serenitybuild11_16.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
I think that brings us pretty close to up to date.. probably forgot a couple little things. Still trying to decide how to finish up the rear end, waffling on whether to move the spare onto a swing out or leave it under the bed...

Anyway, I'll bring the OP up to current and add some more pics :coffeedrink:

Here's a few poser shots in the meantime

projectserenity11_6.jpg

projectserenity11_8.jpg

projectserenity11_9.jpg

frozenground

Adventurer
where did you pick up the vinyl? is it a DIY thing or store bought?

cheers, truck looks great

thanks! I ordered the blackout vinyl from Vigg Designs pre-cut for the hood, and while the vinyl itself turned out great I can't really recommend them due to lousy service. I'm sure you would have better luck with Crawlorado at the link Tango posted above :)

The application is DIY and pretty much requires 2 people along with the correct tools and procedure. It's a bit of a pain, but if you take your time it will turn out nice.

NothingClever

Explorer
Holy crap....the vendors must know your debit/credit card number by heart.

BTW, your mix of ACU, OCP and coyote brown is simply marvelous but a touch of temperate woodland BDU would really transform your interior into something truly divine.

:elkgrin:

r3run33

Adventurer
hello came across your build from your recent trip. Afew questions you added breather tubes in the begginning but no snorkel? where did you locate the front tubes? also any opionions on the air compressor you installed is it working good and comments?

t4rman

Adventurer
Nice build! The Fit and finish on your bed rail/rtt setup is really impressive. I've been searching for a setup that would allow me to hook up some rock lights to my dome light and could never find anything. Thanks for posting how you wired yours.

ratherbecampin

Such an amazing and detailed writeup. Also, I hope you dont mind but I stole one of your pictures on page 1 for my computer desktop. Those are amazing pics brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77