*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

WillBeck

Adventurer
Can't wait to pull and clean up my axle as well. I've been considering sucking it up and getting a full e-locker rear end from a TRD and powdercoating the axle before building and installing.

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Nice rig man! My wife and I are looking at 1st Gen Sequoias or a 4th Gen 4Runner V8 when the next little comes along.
Congrats! :clapsmile

rickashay

Explorer
Can't wait to pull and clean up my axle as well. I've been considering sucking it up and getting a full e-locker rear end from a TRD and powdercoating the axle before building and installing.

Yah the axle clean up is a lot of work with no real benefits in performance in capability, but it sure does clean up the truck. I am actually blown away about how many buddies of mine have came up to me and commented on it at random over the last week. Hard work to make it last!

Great color!

Yah my fave Connor! I love the silver roof rails to accent it too.

Nice rig man! My wife and I are looking at 1st Gen Sequoias or a 4th Gen 4Runner V8 when the next little comes along.
Congrats! :clapsmile

Thanks Jeremiah! The 4Runner is the 4.0L which I actually wanted... can't have two 4.7's in the family! haha 1st Gen Sequoias are rad too...

Can't beat the 4.7!

4.7 Rules. But I'm actually happy I'm with the 6 for the Runner.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Nice daily Addison! How long before it gets scs wheels and a visit to the gear shop? Lol

Oh no Mike, it's staying stock I promise! ;)

HAHAHA Even I can't help but laugh. Should have the new wheels in the mail early next week. Funny, I had the factory running board ripped off within 2 hours of purchase.

Great looking 4th Gen... lovin' the color. What's the plans for it Addy?

Hey Mason! Thanks bud!

17" SCS Wheels to clear those oh-so-sweet Sport Edition big brakes. Probably keeping the 265/70/17 Rubber that's on there and then gunna hunt for some OEM FJ Cruiser suspension to level the front end out. Other than that, I'll do some nice speakers and a Thule/Inno roof box. Thats it! Straight from my wife: "It has to keep the sway bars on, and stay safe to drive" hahaha.

rickashay

Explorer
A couple shots from today. Didn't take many photos as I was flying the drone most of the day. Once we get a clip together I'll post it up here. Oh and my dog got her foot stuck in a game trap. Luckily no broken bones but I had to rush off the trail and call the vet in to have x-Rays done. The tough little bugger is sore but allright. Not too impressed about the game trap location as it was basically 5 ft off a main access logging road that gets a lot of hiker/OHV use.

This morning just before the sun came up.

IMG_6042.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_6046.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Beautiful morning:

IMG_6047.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_6051.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Uh oh, I'm stuck. Front bumper isn't happy. I need a real one real bad!

IMG_6055.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

marathonracer

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your dog. Unfortunately it's incidents like yours that paint all trappers in a bad light. Unfortunately some people have no common sense when it comes to trap placement or they have the type of attitude where they just don't care.

I have trapped almost my entire life and spent several years doing it professionaly (wildlife research) and I have only caught one dog. I had a set on a skidder road/ game trail which was off a old discontinued logging road. I had the end of the trail posted with a big yellow sign that even said there were padded foothold traps on the road for a research and the person still took their dog up the road off -leash and were upset. The dog was unharmed.

I guess my point is not all trappers are irresponsible (just like offroaders) and on behalf of those of us who are responsible, I apologize that you had to go through that.

franko

Observer
Damn, just read your whole thread all 71 pages, took me almost a week lol. Great write up man.
I'm out west in Victoria BC, just bought a 2005 DC tundra. Plan is run a mild lift to run some 33's on the factory 17's for now.
If you ever come this far west let me know and I'll give you a back roads tour of the island.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
sean_pistal just got the same coilovers as me and had Fox spec out a 16" 700lb coil for his setup, which he bought off of Polyperformance I think? (he will have to confirm). He had a front bumper and winch which I do not but I am curiously awaiting his feedback on the ride of his new setup with the stiffer coils. I'm still on the 650's as I won't really need ot consider stepping up until I get my bumper and winch done.

Just dug out my receipt....

Fox P/N: 985-24-009
Extended Length: 26.15"
Compressed Length: 16.05"

http://www.polyperformance.com/Fox-...-Smooth-Body-Universal-Stem-Top-Eyelet-Shocks

FWIW the Fox "spec" rear IFP lift shock for the Tundra is P/n: 980-24-674 and is for a "1-inch rear lift".
Extended Length: 22.45"
Compressed Length: 14.35"

I still haven't found a ramp large enough to make me lift the rear tire to fully see how much of the new droop I am using. However, given the numbers above I have the potential to droop 3.7" more over the Fox spec shock. (Assuming shocks are the limiting factor, which I have yet to prove). No brainer in my opinion. The only difference will be on 33's you could re-configure your bumpstops to allow for more bump travel on the shorter Fox's. With my setup I can't change the bumpstops as they are literally in the perfect place.

UPDATE

Forgot to upload these pics of my "gingerfab" lightbar. Pretty simple but a good early project with my first welder. Still wobbles a little but definitely way better than before and it could be beefed up by adding a couple gussets.

IMG_5400.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_5399.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Did they valve them to spec or is it a universal valving ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tyv12

Adventurer
Well I think that you definately should go beadlocks this fall cuz that's about the time I'll be needing some bronze SCS wheels...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven