seanpistol's 01 Tundra

Derek24

Explorer
That's a nice front bumper. Still waiting on allpro to give us a hint of what they are working on for us. About the switches I used the ash tray area. There are pics in my build thread. I had a kc headlight light switch bracket already and it fit the ARB switches perfect and it fit where the ash tray inserts. I originally had my plan to put the switches up top where the sunglass hold is, but was nervous about removing my headliner to run wires, and there was little room for the switch and wires. Although making a mounting box that comes out further would work. If you feel comfortable running the wires under the headliner and down the a pillar I say go for it. Be super clean looking!

seanpistol

Explorer
Here's Derek's bracket for his ARB switches-

IMG_0714.jpg

Greenyota

Observer

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Wow it's hard not to pull the trigger on that. I'm really anticipating the All-Pro bumper but who knows how long that will be.

bikerjosh

Explorer
bumper options

Not to highjack seanpistol's build thread, but I reached out to relentless fabrication since they are almost local (200 miles away is local in my mind), haven't heard back from them, but front bumper is only confirmed to fit 2000-2003 tundras. I offered to bring my 06' DC up for them to look at to gauge the differences. No telling how long allpro is going to take to bring a bumper to market; I believe they told me last Jan. it was in the works.
On a side note, anyone read the fine print on their web page regarding availability? "**Each bumper is hand built to-order in our NV fab shop: Lead times apply. Usually lead time is 4-6+ Months**" :Wow1:
:coffee: waiting patiently for a response-Josh

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I'm pretty sure it will only fit a AC.

With that kind of lead time waiting for Allpro probably isn't to bad an option.

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
That bumper looks pretty good, although IMO very similar to the earlier Tacoma All-Pro bumpers.

FWIW I heard that Scotty @ addicted offroad will also be releasing a 1st Gen Tundra bumper next year in the tube/hybrid format that he currently sells for the Taco/4Runner crowd.

I've also been in contact with CBI about a bumper setup for my Tundra, which is probably the route I will be going next summer.

Exciting to see the market starting to take off for the Gen 1 Tundra for Expo types and not just for the baja crowd.

trailscape

Explorer
Would you mind posting a photo of what you've got going on?

The door is just barely large enough for a cut out. I got it close then used a file to clean it up.
2014-10-09%2013.47.30.jpg

Installed at an angle to allow clearance for wiring in back. I mounted it on the inside using a small drill bit and some safety wire. The door functions fine and allows easy access to the wiring.
2014-10-17%2011.19.40.jpg

Completed... I ran my wiring down the a-pillar to the kick panel and out through a grommet. Under the hood it connects to a series of relays and blue sea fuse block.
2014-10-16%2014.44.03.jpg

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
Trailscape- that looks great!

Got it in! Front diff tomorrow, and wiring the compressor and switches.

Last edited:

utroda

Observer
I'm looking to get spacers for my '00 tundra, got a quick question, why did you go with 1.25 in the front and 1.50 in the rear?

seanpistol

Explorer
I'm looking to get spacers for my '00 tundra, got a quick question, why did you go with 1.25 in the front and 1.50 in the rear?

Just because the tires hide further under the flares in the back. I wanted to push the rear wheels out an extra .25"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk