Skersfan's build for Old Sarge, May 2012...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Still have a small piece of carpet at the front to put in. Ordered lights and want to have them show up before I put that in. It hides the wires and needs to be in the right place for the channel cut in the botton for them to run. AC is installed, heating unit is installed, and cover is buttoned up.
These are not designed for welded units, takes time to locate the pin hole the screw has to fit into after drilling the pilot. Have to come up with a better plan on those, takes way too much time.
Will finish speaker wires in the rear and back, button up 12VDC wiring at the battery. Then I'll get started on the back door. - Bob

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio001.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio002.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio003.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio004.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio006.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio007.jpg

Interiorcarpetlights12voltplugstvbracketACandradio008.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Never thought of shag as an interior finish, But it looks great, is a sound deadener and provides a little insulating factor.
Bust out the rug doctor when it gets dirty, let dry and it's as good as new. I LIKE IT! GREAT JOB!

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Mark, you are right, it is so quiet it is unbelieveable. I was in the second row at the Expo, very close to all the parties, went to bed early and never even heard them, and it does act as insullation it seems, have slept in at 30 degrees with out the heater and it was fine.

This one is headed to the northern tip of Alaska over the end of summer. I am anxious to hear how it does in the cold.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them. Any comments help, make it better.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
From this morning... Considerable progress yesterday. Finished almost all of the carpeting. Still waiting on lights. A/C and Heat units are in. All speakers are wired and enclosed on the rear. Will wire the radio in today. Started on the rear door. Areas on the door need to be routered so it will follow the contour of the door. Should have it on and done today. Plumbing almost complete. Still have fluid level module to figure out and install.

Botton of trailer needs to be siliconed and axle changed out. Will pick up the slide for the fridge today.

Off to town to get goodies. - Bob

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

deepmud

Adventurer
I bet it does great. My dad put carpeting all over the inside of our old van when a was a kid ( the 70's man, shag was cool :D ) and it made a huge difference in winter. Later he did the interior of his CJ5 with carpet padding AND carpet - that thing went from almost unbearable at -20F to "take off your coat it's hot in here" :D.

www.alaska4x4network.com if your customer wants to know of any trails to run up here, even for stock-ish 4x4s there are some places to go off the beaten path.

Old Sarge

Observer
I bet it does great. My dad put carpeting all over the inside of our old van when a was a kid ( the 70's man, shag was cool :D ) and it made a huge difference in winter. Later he did the interior of his CJ5 with carpet padding AND carpet - that thing went from almost unbearable at -20F to "take off your coat it's hot in here" :D.

www.alaska4x4network.com if your customer wants to know of any trails to run up here, even for stock-ish 4x4s there are some places to go off the beaten path.

Thanks, I am now on that forum also!

Septu

Explorer
Sarge, if you end up driving this up the Alaska Hwy, I just absolutely have to see this when you pass through Whitehorse.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
From yesterday evening... Setting in the fridge for clearance, installed the quick connect gas lines and access door, trim going on. Will finish up the trim on the top tonight, attach the slider and assemble the fridge handles and turnbuckles. - Bob

002-2.jpg

003.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

Dirtytires

Explorer
Trailer is looking great Bob. Are you heating the exterior trim pieces(corners) to keep them on or just glue them?

Beautiful trailer...

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
I actually use putty tape, silicone and screws. Once they are on they are a muther to get off. But it seals the corners, so you do not have to worry about leaks.

I hope to have it done this week, had some problems that are holding me up. The left rear latch broke, it just spins, so had to cut it out and order a replacement overnight, will lose about 4 hours on that and the the AC does not work, it is on its breaker and does not throw the breaker, but just hums. May be a locking device in it. Will check with manufacturer on it today.

Again thanks for the comments, I look forward to reading any and all from everyone. It helps me to make them better.

Bob

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
It is the same as the side walls, only two sheets of luan and some areas that are omitted for sharp bends. I like the single piece to, will have a small seam on the back above the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach