The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

jeepfan93

WOW, WOW, WOW. I came here for some inspiration as I've been stale in the FSJ market fabricating parts for them. I have an 2000 GC myself and have been thinking of all the cool stuff that can be done. You blow me away sir!. I to have a Promar motor (360) in my 91 GW. I did have some issues when I first recieved it, but since I'm only an hour away from them they sent a guy to my house with new rocker arm bridges. Then I had to shim all the valve springs as NONE of them would close. Enough about me. Your GC is tits man. Love it. Very inspiring and as everyone else on here has said, thank you for taking the time to post everything you've done. I know it takes and thought to sit and do all this.

theksmith

Explorer
THANKS! i really appreciate the props from everyone lately!

it is a lot of work sometimes to document things as you do them and write-up and share, but i enjoy that part of the whole hobby too! almost weekly someone PM's me on here, Offroad Passport, or Jeep Forum with specific questions about plans they have for their rig, and i'm glad to help.

if it wasn't for the fact that other people before me also took the time to post their projects, i would've hit some big brick walls with my mods a long time ago!

if it wasn't for the fact that other people before me also took the time to post their projects, i would've hit some big brick walls with my mods a long time ago!

Boy don't I know that feeling~! I am wrapping up a solid axle swap on an 89 S10 Blazer, with the build proceeding in the same direction as your vehicle- if not for Internet Forums I'd still be trying to figure out how to mount my springs!

theksmith

Explorer
headed to colorado for a week of wheeling soon (assuming no new fires)... can't wait!

here's a couple new rig pics that dzJeepChic sent me from our Hole-in-the-Rock trip last year:

DSCN1071.JPG

DSCN1164.JPG

206WJ

Observer
Love the dub. I like your sliders a lot. Mine don't stick out quite that far, and I wish they did.

How did you like the JK axle swap? That's my next plan for mine when I get my long arms made.

fnjeep314

Observer
Seeing your Jeep brings back some very fond memories of mine. I had a hell of a time trying to get any real kind of aftermarket support other than a 2in BB lift. I started modding it in 2003 so my final setup in 2006 sounded a little something like this:(I drove it from LA to Atlanta like this too!! @ 10mpg! ouch!)

2001 WJ Limited 4.7 V8 Patriot Blue
Clayton Long arm
8in Rock crawler springs
Bilstein 5150 12in fronts w/JKS shock relocation bracket and 14in rears with limiting straps
Ford 9in axles F&R with ARB lockers and Yukon 4.86 gears and TJ brackets
K5 Blazer D44 high crossover steering knuckles and arms
Warn Premium Hubs on 98 Chevy 1 ton spindles w/ brake setup
Dynatrac TJ high crossover steering converted to a WJ, it just needed a longer drag link
15in MRT beadlock wheels, they were real beadlocks, and I did drive them on the road
35in Good YEar MTR's
Flowmaster muffler with 90 degree turndown
ARB On board air comp with ports front and rear and each wheel well
ARB front bumper
Rocky road outfitters rocker bars
Kennesaw Mountain rear bumper with spare tire holder and 2 Jerry cans
Yakima load warrior w/ extension roof rack
Addco front sway bar, removed rear bar
JKS swaybar links
Cobra CB w/ firestick ant
NP247 TC swapped out for NP242, I had to swap input shafts from the NP247 into the NP242
K&N intake w t-body spacer
8 Hella 500's
Warn M8000 winch
Optima Yellow top
Hi lift jack and all the rest of the supportive equipment stuff

I had receipts of over $50k including the rig which was $21K. This is a terrible addiction!! I want to get another one!
Here are some pics:

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg

Good luck with yours!! Keep on wheeling!! See you out there!

Last edited:

Ether

Great looking WJ! I have to say there are many wonderful builds on ExPo but yours is my favorite!

I have found much inspiration in your build, and i cannot wait to get a thread of my own started to share some of my knowledge as well.

If you dont mind me asking, what are you running for your laptop/screen/keyboard setup? I really like the profile of it and it seems just about the perfect size.

Keep up the awesome work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad